|Justin Verlander Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Justin Verlander is an American professional baseball pitcher who is best known for his career with the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball (MLB). He also played college baseball for the Monarchs and was also a part of the Detroit Tigers in the past. Justin is regarded as one of the greatest pitchers in history and one of the most accomplished players of his generation. During the course of his career, he has received honors such as the American League Championship Series “Most Valuable Player”, Cy Young Award, American League‘s “Most Valuable Player”, American League‘s “Rookie of the Month”, Babe Ruth Award, Players Choice Award for “Player of the Year”, and many more.
Justin Brooks Verlander
Manakin-Sabot, Virginia, United States
Justin first went to Goochland High School. After graduating from Goochland, Verlander joined Old Dominion University where he was a member of the baseball team. He studied at Old Dominion for three years.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Richard Verlander
- Mother – Kathy Verlander
- Siblings – Ben Verlander (Brother) (Baseball Player)
Justin is signed with Relativity Sports (Sports Management Agency).
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Justin Verlander dated –
- Kate Upton (2013-Present) – Justin met well-known American model Kate Upton in 2012 while filming the MLB 2k12 TV advert. They dated from July 2012 to December 2012. After a hiatus, they again commenced dating in December 2013 and spent 3 years together until April 2016 when they decided to crown their relationship with an engagement. On November 4, 2017, Kate Upton and Justin tied the knot in Italy in a church. On November 7, 2018, the couple had their first child, daughter Genevieve Upton Verlander.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Verlander has been sponsored by Under Armor and Rawlings.
He has also appeared in a TV commercial for Bayer Aspirin.
Best Known For
Being voted the MLB MVP (Major League Baseball Most Valuable Player Award) on November 21, 2011.
First Baseball Match
Justin debuted in a professional baseball match in 2005.
Verlander had his MLB debut on July 4, 2005, playing for Detroit Tigers.
First TV Show
Other than baseball matches, Verlander appeared in two episodes of the sports-based TV series Prime 9 from 2009 to 2010 as himself.
Justin Verlander Favorite Things
- Memories – Playing against his brother and winning over him.
- Technology – iPad
- Feature in Major League Baseball 2K12 – Pitching using the analog stick
- Snacks – Kit Kats and Oreos with milk
- Childhood Show – Saved by the Bell
Source – Complex.com, Us Magazine
Justin Verlander Facts
- Despite attending high school, Justin also trained at The Richmond Academy. There he managed to throw a fastball that reached 84 mph (135 km/h).
- In 2003, Verlander set a new record for a single season for most strikeouts (139).
- In 2004, Justin set another record of 151 strikeouts, this time for the (CAA) Colonial Athletic Association.
- As a member of the USA’s baseball team in 2003, Verlander pitched for his country all the way to the silver medal at the Pan American Games.
- He was selected as the second overall pick by the Detroit Tigers in the 2004 MLB draft.
- During the off-season in 2010, Verlander extended the contract with the Detroit Tigers for 5 more years with a price of 80 million dollars.
- In 2011, he achieved the Cy Young Award and AL MVP Award.
- Before the start of the 2013 season, Verlander and Detroit agreed on a new seven-year deal worth 180 million dollars with an option for additional 22 million dollars if Justin finishes in the top 5 players during the voting for the Cy Young Award 2019.
- Justin started the Wins For Warriors Foundation in 2016.
- Justin and his brother Ben played together in one match during spring training.
- He has never done a real job in his entire life but has worked at a baseball camp for kids.
- Justin has a sweet tooth.
- For date nights with his wife Kate Upton, he likes going out for a movie and dinner afterward.
- He has a dog named Harley.
- When in high school, he never drank.
- For his hair, Justin normally uses light pomade and then some hair spray.
- Justin makes great sandwiches made of bacon, egg, and cheese.
- After he won Rookie of the Year in 2006, he won the Rolex watch which was the best gift he ever received. In 2017, he had won the World Series ring.
- He is a great dancer.
- His favorite celeb encounter was with Kate Upton.
- As a kid, he used to collect baseball cards.
- If he wasn’t playing baseball, he would have been into sports commentary for TV.
- Justin’s first car was a purple-colored Ford Taurus. He used to call it The Purple Mongoose.
- He wants everything to be perfect and organized. It’s like a little OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
- He likes sports cars, especially Ferrari.
- He used to be called Skippy in high school because he skipped the JV baseball team.
- Kate keeps putting face masks on him because she wants Justin to look good when he is old.
- In 2022, Justin and Kate Upton sold their Beverly Hills-based mansion, so that they could shift their base to Florida, to actor Timothée Chalamet for $11 million.
Very hairy man.