Steven John Carell
Sapphire Steve Carell
Steve was born on August 16, 1962
Concord, Massachusetts, United States
Steve attended Nashoba Brooks School, The Fenn School, and Middlesex School in Concord.
Finally, in 1984, he received a degree in history from Denison University in Granville, Ohio.
Actor, comedian, director, producer, writer
- Father – Edwin A. Carell (Electrical engineer)
- Mother – Harriet T. (née Koch) (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings – He has 3 brothers – (All are older than him)
- Others – Stanley Koch (Maternal Uncle) (Worked with scientist Allen B. DuMont to create CRT)
He is signed to William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Steve started dating actress Nancy Carell and married her in 1995. They both were performers in the Chicago troupe The Second City.
The couple has two children – daughter Elisabeth Anne (born – May 2001), and son John (born – June 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Italian (from his paternal grandfather), and Polish ancestry.
- He often works with Will Ferrell and Stephen Colbert
- Has often played characters who create humor out of awkward situations, and sometimes who have lack of self-awareness.
His shoe size is not known. But, according to his fans, it is considered to be 10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU).
He has appeared in commercials for Brown’s Chicken (1989), FedEx (2001), Extra Gum (Voiceover), Baseball Believes, etc.
Best Known For
Playing Michael Scott in NBC’s television comedy series The Office from 2005 to 2011 and 2013.
He is also known for playing John Eleuthère du Pont in the 2014 biographical true crime drama film Foxcatcher, as Cal Weaver in the 2011 romantic comedy-drama film Crazy, Stupid, Love, as Frank Ginsburg in the 2006 film Little Miss Sunshine and others.
He appeared in the 1991 romantic comedy-drama film Curly Sue for his role as Tesio.
First TV Show
In 1996, Steve appeared in ABC’s sketch comedy series The Dana Carvey Show as various characters. He appeared in a total of 8 episodes. Steve also served as the writer for this show.
He said that to play Maxwell Smart, he did workout, which included four sit-ups.
Steve Carell Facts
- Steve was born at Emerson Hospital in Concord (in Massachusetts), but grew up in Acton (in Massachusetts).
- His family’s last name was “Caroselli.” His dad was born with that surname only. But, later changed to “Carell.”
- In high school, he was active in sports like ice hockey and lacrosse.
- He can play the musical instrument called “fife.”
- In school, he used to like history (school subject) a lot.
- While studying in the university, he served as a goalie in the Big Red hockey team for four years.
- He purchased Marshfield Hills General Store in Marshfield, Massachusetts in 2009.
- He became the 31st highest paid actor (excluding TV-related projects) in 2011 after he earned $17.5 million.
- He has also worked as DJ before under the name Sapphire Steve Carell at WDUB (campus radio station).
- He originally desired to be a lawyer.
- To join AMPAS in 2007, Steve was one of the 115 people to be invited.
- He appeared in the music video for Pharrell Williams’ song “Happy.”
- For the 2010 movie Date Night, he reportedly received $12,500,000.
- Follow Steve on Twitter.