|Jonah Marais Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1998|
Jonah Marais is an American singer who is a part of the pop band Why Don’t We. He became a member of the band in 2016 with other members (at the time of formation) being Corbyn Besson, Daniel Seavey, Jack Avery, and Zach Herron. The band’s EP “Why Don’t We Just” reached #1 on U.S. Top Heatseekers after getting released in June 2017.
Jonah Marais Roth Frantzich
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jonah Marais dropped out of school as he wanted to focus on his music career. However, he has expressed his wish to restart his studies in the future.
Singer, Songwriter, and Social media personality
- Father – Tim Frantzich (Teacher and Musician)
- Mother – Carrie Frantzich (Midwife)
- Siblings – Zebulon Frantzich (Brother), Esther Grace Frantzich (Sister), Svea Frantzich (Younger Sister)
His music group Why Don’t We is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Jonah himself is signed with 26 MGMT.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonah Marais has dated –
- Dani Cimorelli (2014) – From August to October 2014, Jonah had dated the singer Dani Cimorelli. She also reportedly got inspired to write the song “Before October’s Gone” due to this relationship.
- Alyssa Shouse (2014-2015) – Singer-songwriter Alyssa Shouse and Jonah were believed to have begun dating in 2014. Though, in 2015, Jonah put up a post on his Twitter, stating that he and Alyssa were just close friends who often spend time and worked together. But after that, pictures of them kissing began to surface on the internet.
- Tatum Dahl (2018-2021) – Model Tatum Dahl and Jonah Marais started dating after Tatum had appeared in the “Trust Fund Baby” music video by Why Don’t We in 2018. They were seen exchanging flirty messages on Twitter thereafter. The relationship was kept private throughout their term. In February 2021, he hinted that he was single as he had tweeted this.
- Natalie Ganzhorn (2022-Present) – In August 2022, Jonah shared via his Instagram that he was dating actress Natalie Ganzhorn. She is also the co-founder of The Canadian Speech & Debate Academy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Green eyes
- Defined jawline
- Boyish good looks
Jonah Marais has leveraged his strong social media presence to plug a many of the products and brands through his social media activity.
Best Known For
Being part of the pop boyband Why Don’t We, which was formed in September 2016. They are well-known for the success of their EP Why Don’t We Just, which managed to reach the top of the US Heat charts.
As a Singer
In November 2016, his music band released their debut EP, Only the Beginning.
Jonah Marais Facts
- He started his ascent to stardom by building a solid fan base on the social media platform, YouNow, on which he used to live broadcast his music performances.
- Jonah decided to drop his last name as some of his fans used it to locate his home address online.
- He once attended several poetry competitions with his family in the summers.
- Jonah met his fellow Why Don’t We bandmates through social media platforms.
- Jonah has done some social activism work including tweeting out suicide hotline numbers, which has helped some of his fans to deal with personal problems.
- In December 2020, Jonah was seen in Why Don’t We’s music video of “Lotus Inn” alongside Tessa Brooks.
- In November 2021, during an appearance on the Zach Sang Show, all the band members of Why Don’t We revealed that they were not paid in over a year (not since COVID-19). Earlier in 2021, Why Don’t We had also filed a petition to end the contract with their management due to abuse.
Featured Image by Jonah Marais / Instagram