|Jim Parsons Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1973|
James Joseph Parsons
Jim, Jimmy Pea
Houston, Texas, United States
Jim Parsons lives in the historic Los Feliz, a house he bought for more than six million dollars from Robert Pattinson and includes actors Tim Curry and Noah Wylie amongst its former owners.
He also lives in New York City, where he owns four continuous apartments in the Gothic-style apartment house across from Gramercy Park. He spent over 8 million dollars for the combined property.
Jim Parsons went to Klein Oak High School in the Spring neighborhood of Houston. After graduating, he got enrolled at the University of Houston, from where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree.
In 1999, he got admission in the graduate school at the University of San Diego. Jim was one of the seven students given admission in a special two years course in classical theatre. He graduated from the course in 2001.
- Father – Milton Joseph Parsons, Jr. (President of a plumbing company) (Died in a car accident in 2001)
- Mother – Judy Ann Parsons (Teacher)
- Siblings – Julie Ann Parsons (Sister) (Teacher)
- Others – Milton Joseph Parsons (Paternal Grandfather), Mae Alice Johnson (Paternal Grandmother), James Allen McKnight (Maternal Grandfather), Wilma Eckman (Maternal Grandmother)
Jim Parsons is represented by Principal Entertainment.
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jim Parsons has dated
- Todd Spiewak – In May 2012, the New York Times revealed that Jim was gay and had been in a relationship with art director Todd Spiewak for around 10 years. Jim and Todd made their first public appearance at the 9th Annual GLSEN Respect Awards in October 2013 in Los Angeles. In August 2014, it was rumored that they had gotten engaged and that Todd had pressurized him to do so. However, Jim dispelled such rumors with an Instagram post. They finally got married in May 2017 in New York City.
Race / Ethnicity
He has French, German, Scottish, Irish, and English ancestry.
- Blue eyes
- Slight body frame
- His eccentric acting style
Jim has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Intel Corporation (2014-2017)
- Nissan Micra (2014)
- Quiznos Toasted Subs (2003)
- DiGiorno Frozen Pizza (2003)
- Stride Gum (2006)
- Ford Fusion (as part of Big Bang Theory cast member) (2017)
- CBS Cares Organ Donation (2017)
- Hometown Houston (TV Spot promoting Houston city)
Best Known For
Playing the role of Sheldon Cooper in the CBS comedy-drama, The Big Bang Theory. For his work in the TV series, he has won multiple Primetime Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award.
Jim made his theatrical film debut in 2003, as a casting assistant in the French movie, Happy End.
First TV Show
In 2002, Jim made his first TV show appearance as Chet in The Road episode of the NBC TV program, Ed.
Jim Parsons’ workout routine is unknown. But we know that he is freakishly and deceptively strong. He can easily ace 475-pound sled rope pulls. Additionally, he does not seem to have a problem in pushing a 725-pound sled as well. Last, but not the least, he can crush sled rows weighing 425 pounds. These feats are certainly jaw-dropping for someone as slim as Jim, who is perceived as a regular nerd.
Last, but not the least, he can crush sled rows weighing 425 pounds. These feats are certainly jaw-dropping for someone as slim as Jim, who is perceived as a regular nerd.
Jim Parsons Favorite Things
- Sci-Fi Movie – Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
- Big Bang Theory Character – Penny
- Early Influence – Johnny Carson
- Early Sitcom Influences – Three’s Company, Family Ties, and The Cosby Show
- Museum – Menil Collection in Houston
- Way to Travel – By rental car
- A Place to Stay – With his sister, who resides in the northwestern suburb of Houston.
- Food – Mexican
- Houston Restaurants – Lupe Tortillas and Pappasitos
- Houston Retail store – Galleria Mall
- Travel Pastime – Reading Kindle
Jim Parsons Facts
- In his graduating high school class, he was voted as the friendliest student.
- While growing up, he took piano lessons for 14 years.
- Before finding success as an actor, he worked as an assistant for Megan Halverson at Microsoft Sidewalk in Houston.
- In his first-ever play in elementary school, he was asked to play the role of a Kola-Kola bird in the school production of The Elephant’s Child.
- In March 2015, he was honored with his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at the famous 6533 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Before getting cast in The Big Bang Theory, Jim had auditioned for around 15 to 30 TV pilots. However, whenever he was cast, the TV pilot wasn’t picked up by any television network.
- While studying at the University of Houston, he co-founded Infernal Bridegroom Productions with Jason Nodler. This theatre production had to be shut down in 2007 due to financial difficulties.
- The Program director Rick Seer at the University of San Diego had reservations about giving Jim admission in the two years course. He felt that he was such an original actor that might have difficulty adapting to classical theatre.
- In The Big Bang Theory auditions, the series creator Chuck Lorre was so impressed by Jim’s acting that he called him for a second audition just to ensure that his marvelous first performance wasn’t a fluke.
- Jim and his husband Todd have collaborated on a production company, Wonderful Productions, LLC.
- He had also auditioned for the pilot of the American version of The Office but didn’t get the role.
Featured Image by iDominick / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0