|Ciryl Gane Quick Info
|6 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|April 12, 1990
Ciryl Gane is a French professional mixed martial artist and former professional Muay Thai kickboxer who began competing in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2019. As of November of 2021, he was ranked number 15 in the UFC men’s pound-for-pound rankings. As of November of 2021, he had won all 10 of his professional mixed martial arts bouts. In August 2021, at UFC 265, he had defeated Derrick Lewis, via technical knockout in the 3rd round, to win the interim UFC Heavyweight Championship. Before joining UFC in 2019, he had put together a winning streak of 3–0 competing in the Canadian MMA promotion TKO. In his first fight there, in August 2018, he had won the vacant TKO Heavyweight Championship and had defended that title in both his subsequent bouts. Before starting his mixed martial arts career in late 2018, he was a professional Muay Thai kickboxer and had won all 13 of his professional bouts between November 2014 and June 2018.
Ciryl Jacky Gane
Bon Gamin (Good Kid)
La Roche-sur-Yon, Vendée, Pays de la Loire, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Professional Mixed Martial Artist, Professional Muay Thai Kickboxer (Retired)
- Father – Romain Gane (Former Bus Driver, Former Soccer Player)
He is represented by Management Factory, Sports Management and Marketing Company, Montreuil, Bobigny, Seine-Saint-Denis, Île-de-France, France.
6 ft 9 in or 205.5 cm
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
112 kg or 247 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Guadeloupean descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on his chest and both forearms
Ciryl has been sponsored by DFNS, a lifestyle care brand.
Ciryl Gane Facts
- Ciryl, in his youth, had played both soccer and basketball. During this time, he also used to work in sales at a furniture store. He had later joined a work-study program in Paris. It was around this time that a former classmate of his had introduced him to Muay Thai kickboxing.
- He had been scheduled to face Shamil Abdurakhimov in April 2020 at UFC 249. However, a month before the event, he was forced to withdraw from the event after suffering from pneumothorax, an abnormal collection of air in the pleural space between the lung and the chest wall, during training. The bout was then rescheduled to July 2020 at UFC 251. It had to be canceled because a month before the event, Shamil had withdrawn due to personal reasons.
- Ciryl had then been scheduled to face Sergei Pavlovich in August 2020 at UFC Fight Night 174. After Sergei had pulled out due to an injury, Cyril’s original bout against Shamil had been re-scheduled for September 2020 at UFC 253. Cursed with ill luck, the bout was first moved to UFC Fight Night 180 in October 2020 and had to be completely canceled later as Shamil had again withdrawn due to personal reasons.
- He was replaced by promotional newcomer Ante Delija but just a few days before the bout, it had to be canceled again, this time because of Ante’s contractual problems with his previous deal with the PFL (Professional Fighters League).
Featured Image by Ciryl Gane / Instagram