|Bill Belichick Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1952|
Bill Belichick is an American professional football coach who has won a record 6 Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX, XLIX, LI, LIII), NFL’s (National Football League) championship game, as the head coach of the New England Patriots and 2 Super Bowls (XXI, XXV) as the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants. He is universally acclaimed as one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport and as of September 2020, had held several coaching records including ‘Most Super Bowl Wins’ (6), ‘Most Super Bowl Appearances’ (9), and ‘Most Playoff Wins’ (31).
William Stephen Belichick
Bill, The Hoody, Doom
Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee, United States
Massachusetts, United States
Bill had graduated, in 1970, from the Annapolis High School in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. He had then joined the Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, for a year, to improve his grades enough to get admitted into a good college. He had eventually joined the Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, from where he had earned a bachelor’s degree in economics in 1975.
Professional American Football Coach
- Father – Steve Belichick (American Football Player, American Football Coach, and Scout) (d. 2005)
- Mother – Jeannette Belichick (née Munn) (French and Spanish Teacher) (d. 2020)
- Others – Anthony Desantis (Son-in-Law), Jennifer Schmitt (Daughter-in-Law), Rick Forzano (Older Half-Brother) (American Football Coach) (d. 2019), Marija Barković (Paternal Grandmother), Ivan Biličić (Paternal Grandfather), Leslie Gaius Munn (Maternal Grandfather), Irene May Ferris (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill has dated –
- Debby Clark (1977–2006) – Bill had married Debby Clarke in 1977 and they have 3 children together – a daughter named Amanda Belichick (Lacrosse Coach), and 2 sons named Brian Belichick (American Football Coach), and Stephen Belichick (b. March 25, 1987) (American Football Coach). They officially got divorced in 2006 but had allegedly separated in 2004 after Bill was accused of an illicit relationship.
- Linda Holliday (2007-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Croatian descent on his father’s side and English, Scottish, and Irish descent on his mother’s side.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Short-cropped hair
- Puffy face
Bill Belichick Facts
- In January 2020, Bill had been named the head coach of the New York Jets but had resigned after just one day in the new position to accept the head coaching job for the New England Patriots.
- Bill was named after legendary college football coach Bill Edwards who was also his godfather.
- His alma mater, Phillips Academy, had honored him in 2011 by inducting him into its ‘Athletics Hall of Honor’. The Wesleyan University, where he had played football, lacrosse, and squash, and had served as the captain of the lacrosse team in his senior season, had felicitated him in 2008 by making him a part of the inaugural induction class of the university’s ‘Athletics Hall of Fame’.
- Madden NFL, NFL‘s official video game, does not use his name in its gameplay as he is not a member of the NFL Coaches Association, which licenses the game. He has been, for the longest time, the only NFL head coach not to join the association.
Featured Image by Bill Belichick / Instagram