|MC Eiht Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 22, 1971|
MC Eiht is an American rapper, songwriter and actor who rose to fame after releasing his album We Come Strapped (1994) that peaked at number 1 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart in the United States and got certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America. He went on to drop various other albums including Which Way Iz West (2017), many EPs like Keep It Hood (2013) and a number of mixtapes such as All Starz and Strapz (2009). He has been the de facto leader of the West Coast hip hop gangsta rap group Compton’s Most Wanted. Eiht has also appeared in several films for instance Menace II Society (1993) and has been featured in numerous TV shows such as Legends of Chamberlain Heights (2016). He has amassed more than 160k followers on Instagram.
Aaron B. Tyler
MC 8, Eiht, Tony Smallz
Compton, California, United States
Rapper, Songwriter, Actor
Hip Hop, West Coast Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap
- Blue Stamp Music Group
- Eiht Hype
- Hi Power
- Year Round
- Real Talk
- Epic Records
- Priority Records
- Hoo-Bangin’ Records
- Doggystyle Records
His net worth was $400 thousand dollars according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Mustache and beard
- Tattoos on his body
- Wears a cap
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Long Beach Customz.
MC Eiht Favorite Things
- Musician He Has Respected Deeply – Nipsey particularly as far as his music was concerned as along with speaking on the gang life, he talked about the vision, being one’s own man, owning something and not being content for being the stereotype that everyone thinks we are supposed to follow
Source – Passion Weiss
MC Eiht Facts
- His name is pronounced as MC eight.
- He was raised in Compton, California.
- Many of his songs have been based on his life in Compton. Eiht has stated that his stage name was partly inspired by the numeral in the moniker of rapper and music producer KRS-One. He selected Eiht for its links to the hood culture such as .38 caliber firearms.
- Eiht has believed his music must always be relatable. He has tried to tell people that life is still real, and there is a huge number of people who do not get to drive Bentleys and adorn themselves with expensive chains. There are bills and mortgages to pay and groceries to buy, and life is not a party always. Eiht has pointed out that even though he may not be broke, life has been a struggle. He has been turned off by music and emceeing where people pretend that everything is fine and life is perfect. He has noticed that social media only compounds the issue. Eiht has been cautious about showing off material things to his fans and that has regarded that to have been the main reason he has been accessible and identifiable to the everyday person.
- He has affirmed that he never wanted to star in comedy movies in order to maintain his public image.
- Eiht has been touched, and regarded people to be true fans when they have remembered It’s a Compton Thang! (1990) that was the debut studio album by his rap group Compton’s Most Wanted.
Featured Image by Eiht Compton / Instagram