|ASAP Rocky Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
ASAP Rocky is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, model, actor, and music video director whose musical expertise has won him several awards including a BET Award, two BET Hip Hop Awards, an MTV Video Music Award Japan, and an MTVU Woodie Award. Moreover, his songs F*ckin’ Problems and LSD were also nominated for Grammy Awards for “Best Rap Song” and “Best Music Video”, respectively.
Rakim Athelaston Mayers
Lord Flacko, A$AP Rocky, A$AP, A$AP Mob, Always Strive, and Prosper
Harlem, New York City, New York, United States
ASAP Rocky received his education at the Bayard Rustin Educational Complex, a “vertical campus” of the New York City Department of Education which contains a number of small public schools.
Rapper, Record Producer, Music Video Director, Model, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Adrian “Duke” Mayers
- Mother – Renee Black (Nurse’s Assistant)
- Siblings – Ricky Mayers (Late Older Brother), Erika B. Mayers (Younger Sister)
- Others – ASAP Nast (Rapper) (Cousin)
ASAP Rocky is signed to William Morris Endeavor (WME).
Hip Hop, Trap, Cloud Rap
His labels include –
- ASAP Worldwide
- Polo Grounds Music
- RCA Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
74 kg or 163 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
ASAP Rocky has been romantically linked with –
- Madison Skylar – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Madison Skylar in the past.
- Teyana Taylor (2006-2007) – He was involved in a romantic relationship with singer-songwriter, actress, dancer, and model, Teyana Taylor, between 2006 and 2007.
- Iggy Azalea (2011-2012) – ASAP started dating Australian rapper Iggy Azalea at the end of 2011. They were introduced to each other by American record producer Chase N. Cashe. The duo dated for about six months before finally separating in July 2012.
- Rita Ora (2012) – As soon as he broke up with Iggy Azalea, he found his new love in the form of British singer and actress, Rita Ora. This proved to be a rather short-term relationship that ended in late 2012.
- Rihanna (2013, 2020-Present) – Asap Rocky had a fling with Barbadian singer, Rihanna in 2013. After a gap of 7 years, in November 2020, the news of Rihanna dating Rocky once again emerged. They were spotted having dinner and a source confirmed to People magazine that they are indeed a couple. In January 2022, it was revealed that Rihanna and Asap Rocky were expecting their first child together. In April 2022, it was rumored that Asap Rocky had reportedly cheated on Rihanna and the couple had broken up. The couple welcomed a baby boy named RZA Athelston Mayers on May 13, 2022. In February 2023, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. In August 2023, they were blessed with their 2nd son named Riot Rose Mayers.
- Chanel Iman (April 2013-October 2014) – ASAP first had an encounter with model Chanel Iman in April 2013. They began dating soon after. After dating for almost eighteen months, they ended their relationship in October 2014 citing a busy touring schedule as the main reason for separation.
- Tahiry Jose (2014-2017) – He went out with glamour model Tahiry Jose from 2014 to 2017.
- Zoe Kravitz (2015) – He dated actress and singer Zoe Kravitz in early 2015, whom he met during an awards show in February 2015. They had attended various music festivals and concerts together.
- Kylie Jenner (2015) – Reality TV star, Kylie Jenner and Rocky were RUMORed to have a fling with each other in November 2015.
- Kendall Jenner (2016) – Around August 2016, his name was linked with model Kendall Jenner, Kylie’s older sister.
- Rosee Divine (2017) – He had an encounter with French adult actress Rosee Divine in the year 2017.
- Jasmine Daniels (2019) – In 2019, Rocky dated fashion model Jasmine Daniels for a small time.
- Amina Muaddi (2022) – RUMOR
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Barbadian and African-American descent.
- Black hair
- Tattoos on the body
His shoe size is said to be 11 (US).
ASAP has appeared in TV commercials for Adidas “Quick Ain’t Fair” (2013) and Monster DNA “Road Trippin” (2013).
He is perhaps a Christian.
Best Known For
Performing the mixtape Live. Love ASAP in the year 2011 which led him to strike a multi-million dollar deal with Polo Grounds Music, RCA Records, and Sony Music Entertainment.
His debut album Long. Live. A$AP also worked wonders for him, and it was able to reach #1 position in a short time on various music charts.
He appeared as Dom in his debut film Dope, a crime comedy-drama which released in the year 2015 to universal acclaim.
His first album was Long. Live. ASAP which was released via A$AP Worldwide, Polo Grounds Music, and RCA Records in January 2013.
The album was certified as ‘Gold’ in the US and Canada and charted at #1 at Billboard 200 and Canadian Albums Chart.
ASAP Rocky Favorite Things
- Place – New York City, Berlin, Los Angeles
- Drinks – Voss, Smart Water, Sprite
- Albums – Bad (1987), Nevermind (1991), Ultimate Experience (1992), Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers (1993), Doggystyle (1993), and many more. Check at Complex.
- Movies – Harry Potter (2001 – 2011), Juice (1992), The Warriors (1979), Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992), and Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (1971)
- TV Shows – Robot Chicken (2005-Present), The Boondocks (2005-2014), America’s Funniest Home Videos (1989-Present), The First 48 (2004-Present), and Da Ali G Show (2003-2004)
- Author / Books – Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
- Artists – Michael Jackson
- Bands – UGK, The Diplomats, Three Six Mafia, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Wu-Tang Clan, and Mobb Deep
- Shoes – Air Jordan, Rick Owens
- Medication – Weed, promethazine codeine
- Fashion – Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Guess, Iceberg
ASAP Rocky Facts
- ASAP stands for ‘Always Strive and Prosper.’
- ASAP’s father was apprehended and sent to jail for selling drugs when he was 12 years old. A year later, his brother got killed.
- When he was 14 years old, he started selling weed with his mother and sister around homeless shelters in Manhattan, and a year later, he sold crack in the Bronx.
- His older brother taught him rapping when he was eight years old.
- His album Long. Live. ASAP released in the year 2013 to critical acclaim and subsequently stood no.1 on the Billboard 200 for four consecutive weeks.
- The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) gave his album Long. Live. ASAP, a certified gold rating for selling almost half a million copies.
- His second album which was released in 2015 also topped the Billboard 200 and thus made him the hottest rapper around.
- He had been in controversy for having prolonged disputes with rappers 50 Cent and Azealia Banks.
- He was detained in July 2012 because he had struck a man in a New York clothing store. This entire altercation was filmed by two photographers who were standing outside the store.
- He established his own company ASAP Worldwide in October 2011 with A&R and executive producer, Steven Rodriguez, who is better known by his nickname ASAP Yams.
- In 2013, he founded the ASAP clothing brand, a fashion brand along with the fashion designer and close friend, Raf Simons.
- He has been an active member of ASAP Mob Crew since 2007.
- In 2016, he did voiceover work for the video game Marvel Avengers Academy.
- He co-starred in the 2020 documentary film, Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics, alongside Nick Offerman and Sting.
- Asap Rocky had graced the cover of GQ magazine’s June/July 2021 issue.
- In October 2021, he released his 2011 mixtape Live. Love. A$AP. on all streaming platforms.
- In April 2022, Asap was arrested at LAX Airport in Los Angeles due to his connection to a November 2021 shooting. He was later released after posting a $550,000 bond.
- In May 2022, Asap released the music video of his song D.M.B. The music video features Rihanna along with Asap.
- In August 2022, Asap was accused of firing multiple shots at a former friend. The incident reportedly took place in 2021 and he was facing two counts of assault with a semiautomatic firearm. He later pled “not guilty” to felony charges.
- In December 2022, he reportedly launched his interior design studio, HOMMEMADE.
- In February 2023, A$AP Rocky and Rihanna graced the cover of British Vogue along with their son.