Chanel Iman Robinson
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Iman attended Fairfax High School in Los Angeles, USA.
She can be contacted through these modeling agencies –
- Unique Models – Denmark
- Group Model Management – Barcelona
- D’Management Group
- Visage Management – Zurich
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Sydney
- Father – George “Tic” Price
- Mother – China Robinson
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Iman dated –
- Ryan Leslie (2008) – In 2008, her name was connected with film / TV producer, Ryan Leslie.
- Tyga (2009) – From March 2009 until June 2009, American rapper Tyga (real name – Michael Ray Nguyen-Stevenson) dated this supermodel.
- Chris Smith (2009-2012) – Christopher Smith dated Chanel starting from August 2009. He actually got famous after dating her. She confirmed her relationship later in the year via Twitter by referring him as her ‘Prince’.
- Kanye West (2010-2011) – From December 2010 to August 2011, rapper Kanye West and Chanel were an item. She is roughly 14 year his junior, but 3 inches taller than him.
- J. R. Smith (2012) – From May 2012 until July 2012, basketball player, J.R. Smith dated the supermodel.
- Asap Rocky (2012-2014) – From November 2012 to October 2014, Chanel dated the rapper, Asap Rocky.
- Jordan Clarkson (2015) – American professional basketball player, Jordan Clarkson started dating Chanel in April 2015. They were an item until December 2015.
- Sterling Shepard (2016-Present) – In December 2016, she started dating American football player, Sterling Shepard.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Afro-American descent on her dad’s side while she is of half Korean and half African American descent on her mom’s side.
Black Victoria’s Secret Angel. She has many times been turned away by fashion designers as she is black. She told The Times that she got this response from many fashion designers –
“We already found one black girl. We don’t need you any more.”
32-23-33 in or 81-58-84 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
Iman walked the ramp for various designers and brands Amazon Smart is Beautiful, Barney’s New York, Blanco, Bottega Veneta, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Dsquared2, Express, GAP, H&M, JCrew, Jean Paul Gaultier, Lord & Taylor, Ralph Lauren, Rosa ChÃ¡, Saks Fifth Avenue, Skull Candy headphones, Target, United Colors of Benetton, Victoria’s Secret.
Best Known For
Working with Victoria’s Secret, American lingerie giant. She has appeared in their fashion shows in 2009, 2010 and 2011. Though, in 2010 only, she became VS Angel and got her wings.
First Music Video Appearance
Iman has appeared in the music video for the song “Dive” by Usher.
There is no movie record of her. But, as a model, she has been flashed in a TV movie, titled The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in the years 2009, 2010 and 2011.
First TV Show
Of course, she debuted on TV with the fashion show, Ready to wear – Autumn/ Winter 2006 in which she walked for brands like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Adam + Eve, Charles Nolan, Custo Barcelona, DKNY, Gen Art, Nicole Miller, Tory Burch.
Other than fashion shows, she has appeared in Tyra Banks Show as a guest judge on America’s Next Top Model, Cycle 13, House of Style and others.
Chanel Iman has a very lean body. The model says it is the result of cleansing, cookie diet, which keeps her thin. She works full-time with a personal trainer Jana Mitrova-Castillo to remain in good shape. One of the ways, she works out is dancing. In her own words –
“I always feel that working out is something that builds muscle and is just good for you and also makes you feel wonderful inside.”
Like many others, she also likes sweets, sugary foods, cookies, ice-creams, etc. She can eat them anytime of the day, she says, whether it is breakfast time or dinner, or lunch. It doesn’t matter.
Sometimes, she has been asked to gain weight for the fashion show. She did that by indulging into potatoes, protein shakes, weight-lifting, steaks, etc.
Chanel Iman Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate, bread
- Place – HOME, Bahamas
- Hairstyle – Loose, Soft Hair
Source – Rolling Out, Daily Mail
Chanel Iman Facts
- Iman was born in Atlanta and raised in Los Angeles, California.
- Chanel Iman Robinson started modeling when she was 13 with Ford Models.
- In 2006, she won Ford’s “Supermodel of the World” competition in New York.
- Her mother runs a boutique in Culver City, California with the name “The Red Bag Boutique”, which they opened in 2010.
- She has been featured in Kinect video game on XBOX Live Arcade. Other than her, Chris Evans and Redfoo of LMFAO were also represented in the same game released by Intel.
- She also had her contract with Utah based electronics company, Skullcandy.
- Iman also had been connected with USAID and Ad Council’s FWD campaign.
- She went to Met Gala 2012 with fashion designer Tom Ford.
- Robinson has numerous magazine cover and editorial appearances like on Allure, Vogue, Elle, Flare, Harper’s Bazaar, Wish, Pop, Teen Vogue, i-D, etc.
- Regarding an advice on wearing high heels by Chanel Iman – “Walk by keeping one foot in front of the other.”
- Visit her official website @ www.chaneliman.com.
- If you are not already, you can follow her on Twitter, and Instagram.