|Jon Voight Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1938|
Jon Voight is an Academy Award and Golden Globe Awards winning actor. Some of his notable roles include Joe Buck in Midnight Cowboy, Ed Gentry in Deliverance, Luke Martin in Coming Home, Billy Flynn in The Champ, Oscar “Manny” Manheim in Runaway Train, Leo F. Drummond in The Rainmaker, Howard Cosell in Ali, Jürgen Stroop in Uprising, and Old Eddie in The Five People You Meet in Heaven. He received the National Medal of Arts from President Donald Trump on November 21, 2019.
Jonathan Vincent Voight
Yonkers, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jon Voight studied at Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, New York. Later, he joined The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., and graduated with a BA degree in Drama.
- Father – Elmer Voight (Professional Golfer)
- Mother – Barbara Kamp
- Siblings – Barry Voight (Older Brother) (Former Volcanologist), James Wesley Voight (Younger Brother) (Singer, Songwriter)
- Others – Joseph P. Kamp (Maternal Great Uncle) (Political Activist)
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jon Voight has dated
- Lauri Peters (1959-1967) – They got married on April 30, 1962, and divorced in 1967.
- Marcheline Bertrand (1969-1980) – They got married on December 12, 1971, and divorced on April 14, 1980. They have 2 children James Haven (b. May 11, 1973) and Angelina Jolie (b. June 4, 1975).
- Linda Morand (1969)
- Stacey Pickren (1976-1986)
- Rebecca De Mornay (1984-1985)
- Eileen Davidson (1989-1991)
- Barbra Streisand (1994-1995)
- Nastassja Kinski (2002)
- Diana Ross (2005-2006)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Slovakian ancestry on his father’s side and German ancestry on his mother’s side.
Jon Voight Facts
- He supported Donald Trump as the President of the USA and spoke at his inauguration in 2017.
- In 2000, he became a member of the Florida Holocaust Museum and serves as an advisory member of the organization’s board.
- He had worked as a partner at Paul Productions in 2007.
- He claimed that if he weren’t an actor, he would have been a babysitter while declaring his fondness for his grandchildren.
Featured Image by Alan Light / Flickr / CC BY-2.0