|Saffron Burrows Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1972|
Saffron Burrows is an English-American actress, model and writer who came into prominence after starring in the biographical film In the Name of the Father (1993). She cemented her fame by appearing in several other movies like Circle of Friends (1995) and by getting featured in various TV shows including the Golden Globe-winning Amazon comedy-drama Mozart in the Jungle (2014–2018). She has penned diaries, book reviews as well as articles for a number of newspapers and magazines like The Guardian and the New Statesman. Burrows is the recipient of many accolades such as the “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” nominee for the Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2008. She has amassed more than 35k followers on Instagram.
Saffron Domini Burrows
London, England, United Kingdom
She went to Stoke Newington School in the London Borough of Hackney. She had studied Drama since she was a kid.
Actress, Model, Writer
- Father – Paul R. Burrows (Architect, Teacher)
- Mother – Susan Burrows, née Edginton (Teacher)
She has been represented by The Artists Partnership.
Her net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Alan Cumming (1994-1996) – She had a relationship with actor Alan Cumming and had even got engaged to him.
- Mike Figgis (1998-2002) – She dated director Mike Figgis from 1998 to 2002.
- Fiona Shaw (2002-2005) – She first struck a connection with actress Fiona while performing together in the play The Powerbook in 2002. They became an official couple and carried on dating till 2005.
- Alison Balian (2008-2020) – She tied the knot with writer Alison Balian in August 2013, after dating her for 6 years. Saffron gave birth to their son Balian-Burrows in 2012, and their daughter Daisy Alice Winnie on January 23, 2017. The pair parted their ways in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Tall stature
- Shapely lips
- High cheekbones
- Defined jawline
- Cleft chin
Saffron Burrows Favorite Things
- Films – Julia (1977), Tootsie (1982), Silkwood (1983)
- Clothing Item – The leather jacket she had worn in The Guitar (2008)
Source – IMDb
Saffron Burrows Facts
- She was 5 feet 10 inches tall by the time she had turned 11 years old.
- She has enjoyed playing acoustic guitar.
- Saffron had lived in Paris for 5 years when she was a teenager. She has been fluent in Spanish and French with the latter having been her 2nd language.
- Saffron had embarked on a successful career as a model after getting discovered at the age of 15 in Covent Garden. She modeled in Paris as well as London for top labels like Yves Saint-Laurent. She, however, left the catwalk behind and made her 1st movie when she was 17 years old.
- Burrows has recalled that plunging into her modeling career had been totally unexpected and her feeling had been a combination of both ecstasy and bewilderment. As her life changed overnight, she began to enjoy it but also experience loneliness for her normal London life and friends.
- In 2009, she became an American citizen.
- To her, the most important things in life are family, buddies, love, justice, and inclusiveness.
- Saffron has recounted that she used to consider being a mini-cab driver to be her backup career. She has added that her brother has always mentioned it, every time she has driven him around London and she has taken pride in knowing all the back routes.
Featured Image by Saffron Burrows / Instagram