|Pooja Sharma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1989|
Pooja Sharma is an Indian actress, model and voice artist who came into prominence after playing the part of Draupadi in Star Plus’s historical television series Mahabharat (2013–2014). She gained further acclaim by starring in several other notable programs including Colors TV’s mythological show Mahakali – Anth Hi Aarambh Hai in which she essayed the lead role of Mahakali / Parvati. She has performed as a voice-over artist in various TV serials like Star Bharat’s RadhaKrishn (2018) where she voiced Yogmaya. Pooja is the recipient of many accolades such as the STAR Parivaar Award in 2014 for “Pehel Nayi Soch Ki”. She has amassed more than 810k followers on Instagram.
New Delhi, India
She acquired a Bachelor of Commerce degree.
Actress, Model, Voice artist
- Father – Suresh Sharma
- Siblings – She has a brother.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Sharp features
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Head & Shoulders.
Pooja Sharma Favorite Things
- TV Channels – Discovery, Animal Planet
- TV Content She Has Liked To Watch – Romcoms, be it movies or programs
Source – IWM Buzz
Pooja Sharma Facts
- She began working on a sports talk show while she was in college.
- In 2006, Pooja was one of the top ten finalists of the Femina Miss India pageant, where she had won the title ‘Miss Beautiful Hair’.
- Pooja has revealed that she has not only portrayed a strong woman on-screen but she has been the same in real life as well. She has given her family credit for having made her believe that, having been blessed to have grown up in one where the girl child was cherished. Pooja has joked about how her family has sported reverse discrimination where she has been preferred more than her brother. She has been of the opinion that the only way crime against women can stop is when people are educated, particularly at the family units.
- Pooja has stated that her deep love for acting has motivated her to take up intense characters. She has thoroughly enjoyed her craft and has felt a hunger to essay incredible and mighty characters that give her the scope to exhibit her talent.
- She made it to the 17th position in Times of India‘s Top 20 “Most Desirable Women on Indian Television 2017”.
- Pooja has confessed to having faced challenges when she has performed as Kali, the real one having been even to get into the skin of the powerful character. It has taken as much as 4 hours to just get ready physically and 2 hours to get out of it, with the shooting schedule having been intense and demanding. The filming has been done in a non-AC environment. The character of Kali is arduous as the actress needs to wear paint that requires multiple touch-ups, with the action sequences and dialogues having been fierce as well as challenging. The overwhelming look and feel have taken up a lot of physical energy. However, Pooja has felt truly blessed to have played the part and to have felt a pure love and reverence the audience has for Mahakaali.
Featured Image by Pooja Sharma / Instagram