|Albert Finney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||May 9, 1936|
|Date of Death||February 7, 2019|
Albert Finney was an English actor, voice artist, theater actor, producer, and director who started with theatre and then gained popularity as an on-screen actor in the early 1960s. His film credits include Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, Tom Jones, The Entertainer, Night Must Fall, The Victors, Two for the Road, Charlie Bubbles, Murder on the Orient Express, The Picasso Summer, Gumshoe, Scrooge, The Duellists, Loopholes, Shoot the Moon, Looker, Wolfen, Annie, Under the Volcano, Miller’s Crossing, Orphans, Roger Waters – The Wall – Live in Berlin, The Playboys, The Browning Version, Rich in Love, A Man of No Importance, The Run of the Country, Big Fish, Breakfast of Champions, Traffic, Washington Square, Erin Brockovich, Simpatico, Delivering Milo, Ocean’s Twelve, Corpse Bride, A Good Year, The Bourne Ultimatum, Skyfall, Amazing Grace, Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Bourne Legacy, and The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother.
He was born on May 9, 1936.
On February 7, 2019, Albert Finney died of a chest infection at the age of 82 at the Royal Marsden Hospital in Chelsea, London, England, United Kingdom.
Salford, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Albert Finney studied at Tootal Drive Primary School and Salford Grammar School. After that, he got enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in London, England, and graduated in 1956.
Actor, Voice Artist, Theater Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – Albert Finney (Bookmaker)
- Mother – Alice (née Hobson)
- Others – Albert Finney (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Connor (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Hobson (Maternal Grandfather), Alice Morris (Maternal Grandmother)
Albert Finney was signed with Michael Simkins LLP, Law Firm, London, England, United Kingdom.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he had a net worth of $10 Million at the time of his death.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Albert Finney dated –
- Carole Mallory – He once hooked up with American model Carole Mallory.
- Patti Chandler – He was romantically involved with American actor Patti Chandler in the past.
- Jane Wenham (1957-1961) – Albert Finney got married to film and television actor Jane Wenham in the year 1957 and they were blessed with a son named Simon Finney on September 16, 1958. Albert and Jane divorced in 1961.
- Zoe Caldwell (1959-1960) – He went out with Australian actor Zoe Caldwell from 1959 to 1960.
- Samantha Eggar (1962) – In 1962, he had an affair with actor Samantha Eggar.
- Shelley Winters (1962) – He also dated American actor Shelley Winters in 1962.
- Audrey Hepburn (1966) – In May 1966, Albert Finney began dating actor Audrey Hepburn but the duo soon parted ways in September the same year.
- Jean Marsh (1968) – Actors Jean Marsh and Albert Finney had a short-term romance in 1968.
- Anouk Aimée (1970-1978) – In 1970, he tied the knot with French actor Anouk Aimée and they later divorced in 1978.
- Katherine Attson (1989-1991) – Albert Finney was involved with Katherine Attson between 1989 and 1991 and they reportedly had a son named Declan.
- Penelope Delmage (2006-2019) – He married travel agent Penelope Delmage in 2006 and they remained together until his death in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Finney had English and Irish roots.
Salt and Pepper
Versatility as an actor and range of voices and accents
Albert Finney Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Countries – Greece
- One Of His Favorite Interests – Visiting different countries
Source – IMDb
Albert Finney Facts
- He played the titular role in the 1963 comedy film Tom Jones and the performance got him nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Actor” while he won the Golden Globe Award for “New Star of the Year – Actor”.
- His stage credits include having been cast in productions of Much Ado About Nothing, Luther, Henry V, Miss Julie, Hamlet, Serjeant Musgrave’s Dance, and A Flea in Her Ear.
- He preferred to live a highly private life.
Featured Image by Unknown (Mondadori Publishers) / gettyimages.co.uk / Public Domain