|Yoon Doo-joon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 4, 1989|
Yoon Doo-joon is a South Korean singer and actor best known for being a member and group leader of the popular South Korean boy band, Highlight, formerly known as Beast. Some of his singles include Should I Hug or Not, Loving U, and Without You. He has amassed over 3 million followers on Instagram.
Goyang, South Korea
Doojoon attended the Kyung Hee Cyber University where he majored in post-modern musicology. He later went on to take admission in Dongshin University in order to study Broadcast Entertainment.
- Siblings – Yoon Doori (Older Sister)
Doojoon is represented by Around Us Entertainment.
Around Us Entertainment, Cube Entertainment, Universal Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has South Korean roots.
Best Known For
Being a member and group leader of the popular South Korean boy band, Highlight, formerly known as Beast
Doojoon released his first studio album, Fiction and Fact, as a member of Highlight, then known as Beast, in May 2011. The album peaked at number 1 spot on the Korean music charts.
He made his feature film debut in the movie, Marrying the Mafia 5 – Return of the Family, as Jang Young-min in 2012.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in Mnet’s reality show, Hot Blooded Men, in 2008.
Yoon Doo-joon Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
Yoon Doo-joon Facts
- As a child, Doojoon wanted to become a high school Physical Education teacher.
- His interest inclined towards music and singing after he watched South Korean band Big Bang‘s Documentary on MTV.
- His parents and teachers were not very thrilled with his affinity for music but he ended up persuading them to let him apply for music school.
- After he was selected as a trainee under JYP Entertainment, he got a chance to appear on the Mnet’s documentary, Hot Blooded Men, and was about to become a member of one of the two South Korean groups, 2AM or 2PM, but, unfortunately, he got eliminated.
- Doojoon also auditioned for the famous South Korean sitcom, High Kick Through the Roof, and was even offered the role but he denied it in order to focus on his musical career.
- In 2009, he made his official debut as the leader of Korean boy band Beast which was later renamed to Highlight.
Featured Image by Republic of Korea / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0