|Melissa Benoist Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1988|
Melissa Benoist is an American actress, voiceover artist, director, and singer who is best known for her roles like Marley Rose in Glee, Rachel Koresh in Waco, Katherine Russell in Patriots Day, and Kara Danvers/Supergirl in Supergirl, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, and Batwoman. In addition to that, she has also been cast in several theatre productions including The Sound of Music, Rodger and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Evita, A Month in the Country, Bye Bye Birdie, Terms of Endearment, and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.
Melissa Marie Benoist
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Melissa completed her schooling from Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colorado in 2007. There, she used to remain alone mostly as she was made fun of. Though, she used to spend her time participating in various extracurricular activities and theaters.
Melissa graduated from Marymount Manhattan College in 2011.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Director, Singer
- Father – Jim Benoist (Physician)
- Mother – Julie Benoist
- Siblings – Jessica Benoist (Sister) (Novelist), Kristina Benoist (Sister) (Ecological Scientist)
- Others – James Herbert/Hubert Benoist (Paternal Grandfather), Patricia Ann Logan (Paternal Grandmother), Norbourne Alan Smith (Maternal Grandfather), Martha Ann Ramsey (Maternal Grandmother). Melissa Benoist also has 5 paternal half-siblings.
She is represented by –
- Anonymous Content, Artist Management Agency, Culver City, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
She has contributed to Glee whose albums have been released via Columbia Records.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa Benoist has dated –
- Nick Vorderman (2008-2012) – American photographer Nick Vorderman and Melissa were an item from 2008 to 2012.
- Blake Jenner (2012-2017) – Melissa Benoist started dating her Glee co-star Blake Jenner in February 2012. The two of these, who met on the set of Glee for the first time engaged on July 12, 2013, and got married in March 2015. She filed for divorce from Blake in December 2016 which was finalized in December 2017.
- Chris Wood (2017-Present) – In March 2017, Melissa was seen with her Supergirl co-star, Chris Wood on the beach in Mexico enjoying and kissing. This was their first public appearance together. On February 10, 2019, the couple publicly revealed their engagement. In September 2019, they got married. In September 2020, Melissa announced the birth of the couple’s first child, son Huxley Robert Wood.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German, English, Scottish, and French descent.
Several tattoos (three) on her body.
The three tattoos are –
- Wolf on the left wrist
- Feather and the word “Free” on her neck’s back
- Bicycle on the left foot
32-23-34 in or 81-58.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Melissa has appeared in various commercials of Apple Facetime, Clean and Clear, and Tampax Radiant.
She had been the Coca Cola’s P10 300 ml Coke Mismo brand ambassador along with Glee co-stars Becca Tobin, Dean Geyer, and Jacob Artist.
Best Known For
- Playing Marley Rose in the musical comedy-drama television series Glee from 2012 to 2014
- Playing the title character in the superhero drama series Supergirl. For this role, she received the “Breakthrough Performance Award” at the 2016 Saturn Awards and also bagged the Saturn Award for “Best Actress on a Television Series” in 2017 and 2019 and Teen Choice Award for “Choice Action TV Actress” in 2017 and 2018.
As a Singer
Benoist has contributed to Glee’s discography from 2012 to 2014 in the albums like The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 3, The Music, Season 4, Volume 1, and Glee Sings the Beatles.
Benoist debuted with the 2008 American drama film Tennessee for her role as 18 aged Laurel Michaels. She was 10 years old at that time.
First TV Show
In 2010, she guest appeared in American police procedural television drama series Law & Order: Criminal Intent for her role as Jessalyn Kerr in an episode titled “Delicate.”
Melissa Benoist Favorite Things
- Song – Blow Me One Last Kiss (By Pink)
Source – Teen Vogue
Melissa Benoist Facts
- She never attended any graduation parties during school time as she was made fun of.
- Her first theatre role was in 2000 in Town Hall Arts Center production’s The Sound of Music for his role as Little Brigitta.
- She was already a fan of Glee before she joined the star cast.
- Melissa appeared in the 2013 Kids’ Choice Awards opening with Darren Criss and Josh Duhamel.
- For Coca Cola’s brand endorsement deal, she flew to the Philippines and met her fans there personally.
- She was a wallflower (a type of loner) in her high school.
- Along with Chris Wood, she has two pet dogs named, Farley and Drift.
- She auditioned 5 times by performing 5 different songs to get her character in Glee.
- On January 12, 1987, her Glee co-star Naya Rivera drowned at Lake Piru, near Santa Clarita, California.
- In February 2021, it was revealed that she had launched her production company named Three Rings Productions and had signed an overall deal with Warner Bros.
- In collaboration with her novelist sister Jessica and New York Times Best Selling author, Mariko Tamaki, the trio launched a book titled Haven’s Secret in 2021. This book is the first one in the middle-grade fantasy series which is about 2 sisters with extraordinary powers.