Naya Marie Rivera
The Veiled Fairy, N’Nay, Bee, Nay Nay, Nay Nay Rivers, Nougat, Snix, Ni Ni, Smoochy
Naya was born on January 12, 1987.
Naya died on July 8, 2020, at the age of 33 at Lake Piru, Ventura County, California, U.S. She lost her life due to accidental drowning.
Valencia, California, USA
Rivera attended Valencia High School, Santa Clarita, California.
Actress, singer, songwriter, model
- Father – George Rivera
- Mother – Yolanda Rivera
- Siblings – Mychal Rivera (Younger Brother) (Footballer Player), Nickayla Rivera (Sister) (Model)
She was represented by the same modeling agency as her mother, Yolanda.
She was signed with –
- Management 360
- United Talent Agency
Pop, pop/ rock
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Naya Rivera had dated –
- Mark Salling (2007-2010) – Actor Mark Salling and Naya Rivera started dating in 2007. However, this off-screen relationship was denied by Mark’s representative and they decided to call off their relationship in 2010.
- Douglas Booth (2011) – They had a fling together on January 30, 2011
- Chord Overstreet (2011) – RUMOR
- Matthew Hodgson (2011-2013) – Matthew Hodgson, the writer for the TV show Glee, dated Naya for 2 years from April 2011 until April 2013.
- Big Sean (2013-2014) – Rapper Big Sean and Naya started dating in February 2013 after meeting via Twitter. The couple’s love song Is “Hello” By Lionel Richie. They engaged in October 2013. They called it quits in April 2014 after remaining together for a year.
- Ryan Dorsey (2014-2017) – The actors commenced dating each other in July 2014. Though, she met him long before, 4 years earlier. On July 19, 2014, the lovebirds married each other in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. In September 2015, the couple welcomed their child, son Josey Hollis Dorsey. After 2 years of marriage together, Naya applied for divorce in November 2016. Later, in October 2017, the divorce was called off by her. In December 2017, she re-applied for divorce which was finalized in June 2018.
- David Spade (2017) – In the summer of 2017, for about three months until June 2017, Naya dated actor David Spade.
Race / Ethnicity
Naya was ½ Puerto Rican, ¼ African American, and ¼ German.
- Defined cheekbones
- Sculpted abs
- Naturally pouty lips
- The “Naya” dance
- Various tattoos all over the body
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Her shoe size was speculated to be 9 (US).
As a child, she appeared in the Kmart commercials.
She became the face of Proactiv Solution in December 2011.
Best Known For
Playing the role as Santana Lopez, a high school cheerleader, on Fox’s teen musical comedy-drama television series, Glee from 2009 to 2015
As a Singer
Naya Rivera gained her exposure as a singer, dancer and actor, all on Glee. Her performances had received much recognition and praise from the viewers. She had also received nominations and was included in the many “Best Of” lists.
On September 17, 2013, she released her debut single “Sorry” with Big Sean digitally.
She debuted with the 2009 movie Frankenhood for her role as Hottie. By mistake, her role was credited as “Naya Maria Rivera”.
First TV Show
From 1991 to 1992, she appeared in the American sitcom The Royal Family for her role as Hillary Winston. Naya was 4 years old at that time.
Due to her role as a cheerleader in Glee, Naya’s legs and butt were always visible. So, she always tried to make sure that her assets look good. She did squats for them.
Rivera also used to do side planks and traditional planks for her abs because she hated crunches.
She worked out and focussed on eating veggies and chips. By leaving pizzas and cheeseburgers, she got the right to flaunt her slim body.
Naya Rivera Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- Band – Coldplay
- TV Show – Boy Meets World (1993-2000), Doug (1991-1994)
- Animal – Penguin
- Book – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (By Stephen Chbosky)
- All-time Favorite Song – A Song For You (By Donny Hathaway)
- Accessory – Watch
Source – Wikia.com
Naya Rivera Facts
- In 2012, she was placed at number 1 spot in the AfterEllen’s “Hot 100 list”.
- She was connected to various organizations such as GLAAD, Stand Up to Cancer, The Elephant Project, The Trevor Project, and The Sunshine Foundation.
- She had auditioned for American Idol in 2002 but didn’t make it through.
- Reality TV is her biggest guilty pleasure.
- Until 2010, the most expensive thing, she had ever bought was a purse worth $600.
- She used to make false eyelashes to look good – her quick-fix beauty tip.
- Naya described her style as – comfortable, casual, and versatile.
- She was left-handed.
- She hated koi fish.
- Rivera used to speak the word “like” too often.