|Naya Rivera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1987|
|Date of Death||July 8, 2020|
Naya Rivera was an American actress, voiceover artist, singer, and model who rose to fame by playing lesbian cheerleader Santana Lopez on the Fox television series Glee, a role for which she received multiple accolades including a SAG Award and ALMA Award as well as earning two Grammy Award and one Brit Award nominations. She had also been cast in projects like Family Matters, The Bernie Mac Show, At the Devil’s Door, Devious Maids, Step Up: High Water, Mad Families, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and The Master of Disguise.
Naya Marie Rivera
The Veiled Fairy, N’Nay, Bee, Nay Nay, Nay Nay Rivers, Nougat, Snix, Ni Ni, Smoochy
Naya was born on January 12, 1987.
Naya died on July 8, 2020, at the age of 33 at Lake Piru, Ventura County, California, U.S. She lost her life due to accidental drowning.
Forest Lawn Memorial Park – Hollywood Hills, Hollywood Hills, California, United States
Valencia, California, United States
Rivera attended Valencia High School, Santa Clarita, California.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Singer, Songwriter, Model
- Father – George Rivera (Worked various IT jobs, including positions at Disney and the Universal Music Publishing Group)
- Mother – Yolanda Previtire (née White) (Real Estate Agent, Former Model)
- Siblings – Mychal Rivera (Younger Brother) (Footballer Player), Nickayla Rivera (Sister) (Model)
- Others – Clara Esther White (Maternal Grandmother)
She was represented by the same modeling agency as her mother, Yolanda.
She was signed with –
- Management 360
- United Talent Agency
Pop, Rock, R&B
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Naya Rivera had dated –
- Tahj Mowry (2000-2004) – Between 2000 and 2004, she went out with actor and singer Tahj Mowry, whom she first met while shooting a commercial when Rivera was four. The duo later worked together on Smart Guy in the 1990s. Naya also shared a close bond with his sisters and in an Instagram tribute post on July 12, 2020, he wrote, “You were my first experience with everything; love, intimacy, heartbreak. No woman has ever measured up [to] what you gave me or how you made me feel”. He also said he never stopped loving her and “wished for the day where God would bring us back together to be what we dreamt we could have been”.
- Cory Monteith (2009) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with Canadian actor and musician Cory Monteith in 2009. They also worked together in Glee.
- Mark Salling (2007-2010) – Actor Mark Salling and Naya Rivera started dating in 2007. However, this off-screen relationship was denied by Mark’s representative and they decided to call off their relationship in 2010.
- Douglas Booth (2011) – They had a fling together on January 30, 2011
- Chord Overstreet (2011) – RUMOR
- Matthew Hodgson (2011-2013) – Matthew Hodgson, the writer for the TV show Glee, dated Naya for 2 years from April 2011 until April 2013.
- Big Sean (2013-2014) – Rapper Big Sean and Naya started dating in February 2013 after meeting via Twitter. The couple’s love song Is “Hello” By Lionel Richie. They engaged in October 2013. They called it quits in April 2014 after remaining together for a year.
- Ryan Dorsey (2014-2017) – The actors commenced dating each other in July 2014. Though, she met him long before, 4 years earlier. On July 19, 2014, the lovebirds married each other in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. In September 2015, the couple welcomed their son Josey Hollis Dorsey. After 2 years of marriage together, Naya applied for divorce in November 2016. Later, in October 2017, the divorce was called off by her. In December 2017, she re-applied for divorce which was finalized in June 2018.
- David Spade (2017) – In the summer of 2017, for about three months until June 2017, Naya dated actor David Spade.
Race / Ethnicity
Naya was ½ Puerto Rican, ¼ African American, and ¼ German.
- Defined cheekbones
- Sculpted abs
- Naturally pouty lips
- The “Naya” dance
- Various tattoos all over the body
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
Her shoe size was speculated to be 9 (US).
As a child, she appeared in the Kmart commercials.
She became the face of Proactiv Solution in December 2011.
Best Known For
Playing the role as Santana Lopez, a high school cheerleader, on Fox’s teen musical comedy-drama television series, Glee from 2009 to 2015
As a Singer
Naya Rivera gained her exposure as a singer, dancer, and actor, all on Glee. Her performances had received much recognition and praise from the viewers. She had also received nominations and was included in the many “Best Of” lists.
On September 17, 2013, she released her debut single “Sorry” with Big Sean digitally.
She debuted with the 2009 movie Frankenhood for her role as Hottie. By mistake, her role was credited as “Naya Maria Rivera”.
First TV Show
From 1991 to 1992, she appeared in the American sitcom The Royal Family for her role as Hillary Winston. Naya was 4 years old at that time.
Due to her role as a cheerleader in Glee, Naya’s legs and butt were always visible. So, she always tried to make sure that her assets look good. She did squats for them.
Rivera also used to do side planks and traditional planks for her abs because she hated crunches.
She worked out and focussed on eating veggies and chips. By leaving pizzas and cheeseburgers, she got the right to flaunt her slim body.
Naya Rivera Favorite Things
- Color – Pink
- Band – Coldplay
- TV Show – Boy Meets World (1993-2000), Doug (1991-1994)
- Animal – Penguin
- Book – The Perks of Being a Wallflower (By Stephen Chbosky)
- All-time Favorite Song – A Song For You (By Donny Hathaway)
- Accessory – Watch
Source – Wikia.com
Naya Rivera Facts
- In 2012, she was placed at number 1 spot in the AfterEllen’s “Hot 100 list”.
- She was connected to various organizations such as GLAAD, Stand Up to Cancer, The Elephant Project, The Trevor Project, and The Sunshine Foundation.
- She had auditioned for American Idol in 2002 but didn’t make it through.
- Reality TV is her biggest guilty pleasure.
- Until 2010, the most expensive thing, she had ever bought was a purse worth $600.
- She used to make false eyelashes to look good – her quick-fix beauty tip.
- Naya described her style as – comfortable, casual, and versatile.
- She was left-handed.
- She hated koi fish.
- Rivera used to speak the word “like” too often.
- The home in Los Feliz, Los Angeles where she used to live in was put for sale in 2021 for $2,695,000. She had bought the same home for $2.6 million in 2018.
She isn’t dating Big Sean anymore…
She’s married to Ryan Dorsey
Like she’s totally hot !!
36C??? i think she is 32C.
no way is she a size 8
She looks like love child of SHAY MITCHELL and KIM KARDASHIAN. 😀