|Paul Feig Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1962|
Paul Feig is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter who is best known for directing films such as Bridesmaids (2011), Spy (2015), and Ghostbusters (2016). He is also well recognized for being the creator of the teen comedy-drama TV series Freaks and Geeks (1999–2000) and the sci-fi comedy TV series Other Space (2015).
Paul Samuel Feig
Mount Clemens, Macomb County, Michigan, United States
Burbank, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Paul had graduated, in 1980, from the Chippewa Valley High School, a public school in Clinton Township, Michigan. After his high school graduation, he had joined Wayne State University, a public research university in Detroit, Michigan.
After a year there, he had taken a transfer to the USC School of Cinematic Arts (then known as the USC School of Cinema-Television), a media school within the University of Southern California, a private research university in Los Angeles. He had graduated from there in 1984.
Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
- Father – Sanford William Feig (Former Retail Store Owner)
- Mother – Elaine Elizabeth Feig (née Artingstall) (Former Telephone Operator)
- Others – Philip Meyer Feig (Paternal Grandfather), Chaika ‘Clara’ Goldenberg (Paternal Grandmother), Samuel Artingstall (Maternal Grandfather), Ethel Hinton Whitehead (Maternal Grandmother)
In 2021, Paul Feig’s net worth was $30 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Laurie Karon (1994-Present) – Paul had married producer Laurie Karon on September 23, 1994.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish (Hungarian and Romanian) descent on his father’s side and English and Scottish descent on his mother’s side.
- Lanky frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Paul Feig Facts
- After Paul had moved to Los Angeles to study at the University of Southern California, he had worked as a tour guide at Universal Studios in Hollywood. He had also started a stand-up comedy act which had helped him land minor roles in various TV shows.
- In 1985, he had won USD 29k on a TV game show called The $10,000 Pyramid (which was known as The $25,000 Pyramid at that time). He had used this money to fund his work as a stand-up comedian.
- A famous quirk of his is that he wears a suit and tie when he directs.
- In 2005, he had published his memoir called Superstud: Or How I Became a 24-Year-Old Virgin. The title of the book was based on a line from an episode named Looks and Books from his TV series Freaks and Geeks.
- His last name is pronounced Feeg.
- In 2018, he had directed a TV commercial for Diet Coke which was shown during the year’s Super Bowl.
- In 2020, during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States, he had started a series of social media live streams from his home where he would entertain his followers by making cocktails. He also used to promote the work of several charitable organizations and would urge his audience to contribute to their work.
- He owns a wine/spirits manufacturing company called Artingstall’s Gin which is named after his mother’s family name.
Featured Image by Paul Feig / Instagram