|Cory Monteith Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cory Monteith was an emerging talented Canadian actor and musician distinguished for his character as Finn Hudson on Fox television series Glee. He was also known for his roles in the film The Invisible, Monte Carlo, and McCanick. Cory also had a wonderful voice and lent his voice to many soundtrack albums like Glee: The Music, Volume 1 (2009), and Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album (2010).
Cory Allan Michael Monteith
Cory Monteith was born on May 11, 1982.
He died at the age of 31 on July 13, 2013, in his hotel room at Fairmont Pacific Rim Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The cause of his death was drug overdose.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Belmont Secondary School in Langford was one of the 16 schools that he attended before finally deciding to drop out of school at the age of 16.
However, in 2009, he completed his schooling from a school that he had previously attended in the past in Victoria.
- Father – Joe Monteith (Military Trooper)
- Mother – Ann McGregor (Interior Decorator)
- Siblings – Shaun Monteith (Older Brother)
- Others – Phillip Murray Monteith (Paternal Grandfather), Phyllis Lorraine Sweeney (Paternal Grandmother)
Cory was represented by Elena Kirschner from RED Management.
6 ft 3½ in or 192 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cory had dated –
- Naya Rivera (2009) – RUMOR
- Lea Michele (2009, 2011-2013) – Actress Lea Michele met Cory on the set of Glee back in 2009. At that time, the couple dated for a short while but ended their relationship before the things could go public. Later, in 2011, the two started dating once again, only this time, they began dating publicly. The two maintained a romantic relationship for almost 2 years until Cory passed away in 2013.
- Taylor Swift (2010) – Cory was rumored to be dating American singer Taylor Swift in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of Scottish, Irish, English, with a touch of Dutch descent.
- Tall stature
- Crooked smile
Cory made a commercial appearance for The Source by Circuit City.
Best Known For
- Starring as Finn Hudson in the family-musical show Glee (2009-2013)
- Being cast in many films like The Invisible (2007), Sisters & Brothers (2011), Monte Carlo (2011), and McCanick (2013)
- Lending his voice to the Glee club to the release of many hit albums including Glee: The Music, Volume 1 (2009), Glee: The Music, Volume 3 Showstoppers (2010), and Glee: The Music Presents the Warblers (2011)
As a member of Glee club, he contributed his vocals to the release of their first album titled Glee: The Music, Volume 1 on November 2, 2009. It was released under the label Columbia Records.
Cory made his theatrical film debut appearance as Kahill in the thriller-horror movie Final Destination 3 in 2006.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as a Genii Private in adventure-drama series Stargate: Atlantis in 2004.
Cory Monteith Favorite Things
- Sports – Hockey, Basketball
- Music – Rock and Roll
- Band – Mastodon
- Thai Food Dish – Green curry
- Ice Cream Flavor – Chocolate-peanut butter
- Video Game – Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Guilty Pleasure Song – Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus
Cory Monteith Facts
- He was born in Calgary, Alberta, but was raised in Victoria, British Columbia since the age of 2.
- Cory was 7 years old when his parents separated from each other and he and his older brother Shaun were raised by their mother.
- He started playing the drums when he was 7 years old.
- Cory was 13 years old when he started to abuse the use of alcohol and marijuana.
- During his mid-teens, Cory had begun stealing from his friends and family to buy the drugs that he needed to satisfy his urges.
- When he was 19 years old, his mother got together with some of his close friends and sent him off to a rehabilitation program.
- At the age of 22, he did a walk-in at Richard’s International Model Management agency in Vancouver. Pictures of him that were shot during his modeling days were featured on the August 2, 2013, issue of The Hollywood Reporter.
- In the past, he worked as a greeter at Walmart, a cabby, and also worked as tech support for MSN.
- The audition tape that Cory sent to Glee featured him playing the drums on Tupperware boxes.
- In 2013, the Glee club had taken it upon themselves to help him come clean and had him admitted into a drug addiction treatment facility. Almost a month later, he was released from rehab and was considered to have completed his treatment successfully. However, on July 13, 2013, he was found dead in his hotel room after he had consumed a toxic combination of heroin and alcohol. Upon further investigation, traces of codeine and morphine were also found in his body at the time of his death.
- During his free time, he loved going skimboarding and surfing.
- In the past, he began playing as a drummer in a band known as Bonnie Dune.
- One of the first concerts that he ever attended was of Slayer and Pantera.
- He could hang TV’s, fix water heaters, and drills holes when needed.
- Cory used to play video games that were extremely violent.
- Cory owned about 20 hoodies.
- After the age of 20, he used to change his apartment every 3 months.
- He loved the taste of maple syrup.
- Cory disliked the ice-cream flavor Piña colada.
- Cory was on Twitter.
Featured Image by Greg Hernandez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0