|Kenya Moore Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1971|
Kenya Moore is an American actress, model, producer, author, television personality, and entrepreneur who rose to fame after she was crowned as Miss Michigan USA 1993 as well as Miss USA 1993. Over the years, she has been a part of a variety of shows and films which include The Parent ‘Hood, The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Trapped: Haitian Nights, Cloud 9, Resurrection: The J.R. Richard Story, Deliver Us From Eva, Sharknado: The 4th Awakens, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Brothers in Arms, Dolls of Voodoo, The Millionaire Matchmaker, Family Reunion, The Celebrity Apprentice 7, I Know Who Killed Me, Homeboys in Outer Space, and The Jamie Foxx Show.
Kenya Summer Moore
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Sandy Springs, Atlanta Metropolitan Area, Georgia, United States
She went to Cass Technical High School and graduated in 1989. Thereafter, she enrolled at Wayne State University as a Psychology major and also studied communication as a minor subject.
Model, Actress, Author, Reality star, Entrepreneur
- Father – Ronald Grant
- Mother – Patricia Moore (Special Education Teacher)
- Siblings – Ronnie (Younger Half-Brother ), Tara (Younger Half-Sister)
- Others – Aunt Lori Moore (Attorney), Virgil Eugene Grant (Paternal Grandfather), Doris Grant (Paternal Grandmother)
She has been represented by –
- Nick Roses of Pantheon Talent Agency
- Rogers and Cowan
- Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs (via Twitter)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kenya Moore has dated –
- Jamal Anderson – The former football player Jamal Anderson who resided in Braselton, Georgia was RUMORed to be in a relationship with Kenya Moore. She, however, denied by claiming that although she has known Anderson for a long time, he has never been single or available to date throughout that period.
- Mike Tyson – Kenya was RUMORed to be dating former boxer, Mike Tyson. But, Kenya claimed that the two of them were just friends and shared no other history.
- Kanye West – In December 2020, Kenya revealed that she once went out on a date with American rapper and record producer Kanye West.
- Allen Iverson – Dismissing speculation, Kenya explained that she had formerly dated an NBA player, but not Allen Iverson. She barely knew him personally. Hence, it is again a RUMOR.
- Terrell Owens – Kenya met American football wide receiver, Terrell Owens on the sets of Celebrity Apprentice in 2015 and the two clearly flirted with each other even on-camera. Kenya confessed that although she was interested in Terrell, she met him at the wrong time, since he was in the middle of a divorce battle and hence never pursued a relationship with him. This one is also a RUMOR.
- Walter Jackson (2012) – During Kenya’s first appearance on RHOA in 2012, Walter Jackson was introduced as her then-boyfriend. He later revealed during a radio interview that he dated Kenya for 3 months, three years prior to her relocation to Atlanta for the reality show. Right before her appearance on RHOA, she called up Walters and proposed to fake a relationship on reality TV.
- Matt Jordan (2015-2016) – Kenya officially introduced personal trainer, Matt as her boyfriend on season 8 of RHOA in 2015 who is 16 years younger than her. However, the couples’ mutual admiration soon diminished in the shadow of their frequent disagreement. In March 2017, she got a temporary restraining order against her ex-boyfriend in response to his toxic behavior of calling her repeatedly, lashing out at her on social media, and vandalizing her property.
- Marc Daly (2017-2021) – In June 2017, she married businessman Marc Daly on a beach as revealed by Daily Mail. She was dating him since early 2017. The following year on November 4, Moore gave birth to their first child, daughter Brooklyn Doris Daly. However, the couple separated from each other on September 19, 2019. In an exclusive interview with People, she stated that it was a mutual yet difficult decision and requested her fans to respect their decision and privacy. However, they got back together to give their marriage a 2nd chance and called it quits again in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Both her parents are of African-American origin.
Her eyes may appear brown, green, or blue as her fans believe that she wears colored contact lenses.
- Hourglass figure
- Smooth, dark skin
- Long, silky hair
38-26-40 in or 96.5-66-102 cm
12 (US) or 16 (UK) or 44 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Since 2014, Kenya Moore is primarily focused on promoting her hair-care range which claims to be Sulphate, Phosphate, and Paraben free.
In the 90s, she was seen in a Pantene commercial.
Raised as Jehovah’s Witness
Best Known For
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta – Kenya joined the main cast in season 5 aired in 2012.
- Former Miss Michigan, USA (1993)
- Former Miss USA (1993). At the age of 22, she was only the second African-American woman to win the national title.
- Ranked 4th in the Miss Universe pageant 1993 among the top 6 finalists.
Kenya debuted with the romantic film Waiting to Exhale in 1995 for her role as Denise.
First TV Show
In 1994, she guest appeared in an episode of NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air for her role as Dana.
Kenya More collaborated with the trainer, Nikki Veal to release a Booty Bootcamp DVD which turned out to be a huge success. The DVD includes three different workouts for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Kenya admits that it is impossible to maintain a great body without a consciously measured approach towards diet and exercise. The benefits of both are often ruined by stress, so she puts in an equal amount of effort to stay positive as well.
- She does cardio and weights 6 times a week.
- Mindset – She recommends a commitment towards an improved and altered lifestyle that supports your fitness goals but also a realistic approach towards including your favorite indulgences in moderation.
- Mistakes to Avoid – Skipping breakfast and doing too much cardio.
- Booty Building Tip – Slow down every repetition to feel the burn with each contraction.
- Avoiding Holiday Binge – Kenya starts her day with a healthy, protein-rich breakfast and follows it up with an intense workout. This helps her enjoy the calorie-dense holiday meals during the remaining part of the day in moderation. She always follows up a self-indulgent meal with a long walk.
Kenya Moore Favorite Things
- Handbag – Chanel
- Handy Items To Carry – Double stick tape, Safety Pins, and Eyelash Glue
- iPhone App – iPeriod (Period Tracker)
- Moisturizer – Eucerin’s Body Lotion
- Compact – Black Opal Invisible Powder
- Snack – Fiber One Chocolate Bar
- Book – Tony Robbins’ Unlimited Power
- Quick Mouth Refresher – Colgate Wisp Peppermint Mouth Freshener or Listerine strips
- Perfume – Bvlgari or any soft fragrance
- Lipstick – Mercier Plum Orchid
- Word – Twirl
Source – USMagazine.com, Bossip.com
Kenya Moore Facts
- Kenya Moore was born to an unmarried teenage couple. Her father was only 16 while her mother was 15 when she got pregnant.
- Kenya’s estranged mother wanted to put her up for adoption the moment she was born and hasn’t been in touch with her throughout her life.
- Her father did not have the ability to raise a child, so he requested his mother to look after her instead.
- Kenya was primarily raised by her paternal grandmother Doris and Aunt Lori.
- She was named ‘Kenya’ by her aunt because she thought she was dark and beautiful like the country, Kenya.
- When Kenya’s father brought her to his Houston, Texas home to live with her half-siblings, she ran away back to Detroit, Michigan at the age of 12.
- The RHOA star often attributes her disturbed upbringing as a reason behind her inability to sustain a serious relationship.
- Kenya confessed that she received 7 proposals of marriage in her life but did not accept even one of them.
- She appeared as Jazmin in the 2007 psychological thriller film, I Know Who Killed Me, which revolves around a young woman who is abducted and tortured by a sadistic serial killer.
- She set up a foundation in her name to fund the education of underprivileged girls from her former high school.
- She published the dating advice book for men in 2007 titled, “Game Get Some! What Women Really Want”.
- Kenya is extremely fond of singing and dancing and even released a single, “Gone with the Wind Fabulous” (2013) which appeared to be a mocking parody aimed at all her haters.
- In season 5 of RHOA, she told her cast-mates that she is often mistaken for Beyonce and as Jay-Z’s wife.
- In 2010, one of her movies Trapped: Haitian Nights (2010) lost its director mid-filming. Kenya not only took over as producer and director to complete the project but when the film failed to find distribution, she found Moore Media Vision to take care of both production and distribution.
- Kenya uses the word ‘Twirl’ and ‘Fabulous’ in many of her catchphrases and tags all her supporters as #teamtwirl or #twirlnation on Instagram.
- She wrote, directed, and produced a pilot, ‘Life Twirls On’ (2015). Watch the full episode on YouTube.
- In 2016, she played the role of Monique, a hotel manager, in the made-for-television sci-fi comedy disaster film, Sharknado: The 4th Awakens, whose lead cast comprised of Ian Ziering, Tara Reid, Masiela Lusha, Ryan Newman, Tommy Davidson, and David Hasselhoff.
- She was cast as Nina Collier in an episode titled Personal, Not Business of the prime time television soap opera, Saints & Sinners, in April 2018.