|Ken Jennings Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1974|
|Spouse||Mindy Boam Jennings|
Ken Jennings is an American game show contestant, consultant, author, and TV host who is best known for having been the highest-earning American game show contestant of all time. As of December 2020, he had held the record of 74 successive wins on the quiz-based TV game show Jeopardy! and the record for the highest average correct responses per game in Jeopardy! history. He had chronicled his game show experiences in a book titled Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious, Competitive, Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs, which was released in 2006. In September 2020, he had joined the team behind Jeopardy! as a consulting producer and in November 2020, following the death of long-time host Alex Trebek, he was roped in as the first of a series of guest hosts for the show. He filled in as the guest host for the show until February 2021.
Kenneth Wayne Jennings III
Edmonds, Snohomish County, Washington, United States
Seattle, King County, Washington, United States
Ken had attended the Seoul Foreign School, an international school in Seoul, South Korea. Upon returning to the United States and post his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Washington, a public research university in Seattle, Washington.
He had taken a transfer to Brigham Young University, a private research university in Provo, Utah, in 1996, and had graduated from there in 2000.
Game Show Contestant, Consultant, Author, TV Host
- Father – Kenneth Wayne Jennings II (Lawyer)
- Mother – His mother was a school teacher.
- Siblings – He has a brother and a sister.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ken has dated –
- Mindy Boam Jennings (1999-Present) – Ken and Mindy had started dating in 1999 while they were studying at the Brigham Young University. The college sweethearts had tied the knot on September 16, 2000, and have 2 children together – a son named Dylan Jennings (b. November 22, 2002) and a daughter named Caitlin Jennings (b. November 13, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Cheerful smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Boyish face
Ken has been featured in the print and TV commercials for –
- Cingular Wireless (2005) (TV)
- Allstate Insurance (2005) (TV)
- FedEx (Print)
He had also once been roped in to endorse the now-defunct Encarta encyclopedia software.
Ken Jennings Facts
- As Ken’s father was a lawyer with several international commitments, he had spent the vast majority of his childhood and teenage years in South Korea and Singapore.
- While he was studying at the University of Washington, he had taken up an assignment as a volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After serving in Madrid, Spain, for nearly 2 years, he had returned to the United States to resume and eventually complete his higher education.
- In the mid-2000s, when he was on his record-breaking Jeopardy! winning streak, he was working as a software engineer for CHG Healthcare Services, a firm in Holladay, Utah.
- In March 2020, in a rare occurrence, the Washington State Legislature had approved a bill titled ‘S.R. 8704’ to congratulate Ken for his several achievements on TV game shows.
Featured Image by Ken Jennings / Instagram