|Candice Swanepoel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 20, 1988|
Candice Susan Swanepoel is a South African model and philanthropist, known for working with lingerie giant, Victoria’s Secret. She signed with Victoria’s Secret in 2007 and her status was upgraded to ‘Angel’ in 2010. In 2013, she was selected to wear the “Fantasy Bra” worth $10 million in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. She has made it to Forbes’s “The World’s Top-Earning Models” at the 8th position in 2016. In 2018, she publicly launched her own swimwear line named Tropic of C.
Candice Swanepoel, Flamingo
Mooi River, KwaZulu-Natal Province, South Africa
Candice was in St. Anne’s College, an all-girls boarding school when she was chosen at age 15 for modeling.
Candice Swanepoel is signed to numerous talent agencies –
- Munich Models – Munich
- Modelwerk – Hamburg
- Elite Model Management – Copenhagen
- IMG Models – New York
- Elite Model Management – Barcelona
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
- MC2 Model Management – Tel Aviv Israel
- IMG Models – Sydney
Fashion or Runway Model
- Father – Willem Swanepoel
- Mother – Eileen Swanepoel
- Siblings – Stephen Swanepoel (Brother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Candice Swanepoel has dated –
- Hermann Nicoli (2005-2018) – Swanepoel started dating Brazilian model Hermann in 2005 when she was 17 after they had met in Paris during the summers. They got engaged in August 2015. On October 5, 2016, the couple welcomed their first child, son Anacan. In June 2018, they welcomed their second son, Ariel. In the same year, the couple broke up.
- Andres Velencoso (2022) – In March 2022, Candice was rumored to be dating actor Andres Velencoso after they were spotted together in Paris.
- Kanye West (2022) – In September 2022, Candice and rapper Kanye West were rumored to be dating after Candice shared a photo of them on her Instagram story.
Race / Ethnicity
But, she is naturally a brunette (Brown colored hair). She dyed them “Blonde” when her career with Victoria’s Secret was taking off.
Waist to hip ratio
34-23-34 in or 86-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 6 (UK) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
She has advertised for large number of fashion houses and brands like Agua Bendita, Apriori, Betsey Johnson, Calzedonia, Chanel, Christian Dior, Carina Duek, Colcci Denim, Diesel, Diane von Furstenberg, Dolce and Gabbana, Fendi, Givenchy, Fornarina, Guess?, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Kensie, Hype Energy, KIO Networks, Nike, Prabal Gurung, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren ‘Big Pony’ fragrances, Redken, Shiatzy Chen, Sass and Bide, Spezzato, Stimorol, Tommy Hilfiger, Topshop, True Religion, Versace ‘Bright Crystal’ fragrance, Versus eyewear, Versace eyewear, Victoria’s Secret and the list goes on.
Best Known For
Having worked with Victoria’s Secret as their ‘Angel’
First Fashion Week
Candice debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 2006 fashion week where she walked the ramp for Tommy Hilfiger and Dolce & Gabbana.
Justin Gelband. See her workout routine and diet.
Candice Swanepoel Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pasta, Pizza
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Chloe, D&G, Christian Louboutin, Marc Jacobs
- Favorite Place for a swim – Brazil
- Favorite Actor – Garrett Hedlund
- Favorite Perfume – Victoria’s Secret Love Spell, Pure Seduction
Source – IMDb
Candice Swanepoel Facts
- Candice Swanepoel was earning €5,000 or R40,000 for a day’s work when she was 16.
- Candice was voted no. 10 in 2012 Askmen World’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women.
- Minka and Mila McConaughey are Candice’s cousins.
- Candice belongs to an Afrikaner family of Dutch origin.
- She learned ballet while growing up.
- Candice is the first Victoria’s Secret model from South Africa.
- She can speak English, Portuguese, and Afrikaans language.
- Swanepoel learned Portuguese from her ex-partner Hermann Nicoli, who is also a model from Brazil.
- Swanepoel has modeled for Kardashians’ 2010 swimwear line.
- She was discovered at the age of 15 when she was shopping in a mall in Durban by an agent named, Kevin Ellis.
- Swanepoel is good friends with models Behati Prinsloo and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- Candice donned the “Royal Fantasy Bra” worth $10 million in Victoria’s Secret fashion show 2013. It showcased 4,200 precious gems and at the time, was the most expensive fantasy bra.
- She first got the honor to represent Victoria’s Secret in 2007 and became their angel in 2010.
- Candice appeared at #10 in Forbes’ “World’s Top-Earning Supermodels of 2012” with $3.1 million.
- She has a dog, named, Luna.
- On Maxim’s Hot 100 list of 2014, she was placed at #1 spot.
- Swanepoel supports the charity “mothers2mothers” which works towards “HIV-free generation” in Africa for the children and mothers. She also designed denims for the charity and became their sponsor in May 2019.