|Ralph Lauren Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1939|
Ralph Lauren is an American fashion designer whose eponymous fashion and luxury brand is popular for its preppy polo shirts, tailored men’s suits, and iconic womenswear collection. He has more than 12 million followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and more than 10 million followers on Facebook.
Ralph Rueben Lifshitz
The Bronx, New York, United States
Manhattan, New York, United States
Ralph studied at the Jewish day schools, Israel Salanter and Manhattan Talmudical Academy. He graduated from DeWitt Clinton High School in 1957.
He got enrolled at the Baruch College in New York to study business but dropped out after the 2nd year.
Fashion Designer, Businessman, Philanthropist
- Father – Frank Berg Lifshitz (Artist, House Painter)
- Mother – Frieda Lifshitz (née Cutler)
- Siblings – Thelma Fried (Older Sister), Lenny Lauren (Older Brother), Jerry Lauren (Older Brother) (Creative Director for Men’s Design at Ralph Lauren)
- Others – Shlomo Zalman ‘Sam’ Lifshitz (Paternal Grandfather), Tamara Schneider (Paternal Grandmother), Netanel ‘Sanya’ Cutler (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Rachel Pomerantz (Maternal Grandmother), Susan Lauren (Sister-in-law) (Wife of Jerry), Greg Lauren (Nephew) (Son of Jerry) (Actor, Painter, Fashion Designer), Lauren Bush (Daughter-in-law) (Wife of David), James Richard Lauren (Grandson) (Son of David), Max Walker Lauren (Grandson) (Son of David), Paul Arrouet (Son-in-law) (Hedge Fund Manager), Cooper Blue Arrouet (Grandson) (Son of Dylan), Kingsley Rainbow Arrouet (Granddaughter) (Daughter of Dylan)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ralph Lauren has dated –
- Ricky Ann Low-Beer (1964-Present) – Ralph married Ricky Ann Low-Beer, an artist and therapist, on December 20, 1964. The couple has 3 kids – sons Andrew Lauren (b. 1969), David Lauren (b. October 31, 1971), and daughter Dylan Lauren (b. May 9, 1974).
- Kim Nye – The fashion designer had an affair with model Kim Nye in the 1980s and 90s.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
However, his hair has turned completely white due to his advanced age.
- Squinty eyes
Ralph endorses multiple brands in his own fashion company, ‘Ralph Lauren Corporation’.
Ralph Lauren Favorite Things
- Movies – The Thomas Crown Affair (1968), To Catch a Thief (1955)
- TV Show – Downton Abbey
- Car – 1938 Bugatti Coupe
- Singer – Frank Sinatra
- Hamburger – Burnt-bacon-and-cheddar hamburger
Source – Elle Decor
Ralph Lauren Facts
- He is the owner of more than 100 automobiles and his car collection includes some of the most exquisite and rarest cars in the world.
- In 1998, he donated $10 million to Save America’s Treasures for the restoration of the Star-Spangled Banner (the original flag from 1814).
- Ralph stepped down as the CEO of his company in September 2015 and was succeeded by Stefan Larsson. However, he continued as the executive chairman and chief creative officer of his fashion empire.
- In April 1987, Ralph was operated on for a benign brain tumor and made a full recovery after surgery.
- He has been a lifelong dog lover and has a rescue dog named Rugby.
Featured Image by Ralph Lauren / Instagram