|Garrett Hedlund Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1984|
Garrett Hedlund is an American actor, model, voiceover artist, producer, and singer who is known for having been cast in on-screen roles like Jack “Jackie” Mercer in Four Brothers, Patroclus in Troy, Samuel “Sam” Flynn in Tron: Legacy, Harry J. Anslinger in The United States Vs. Billie Holiday, James Hook in Pan, Sgt. David Dime in Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk, Joel Hurley in Mosaic, Murtagh Morzansson in Eragon, Don Billingsley in Friday Night Lights, Billy Darley in Death Sentence, Beau Hutton in Country Strong, Dean Moriarty/Neal Cassady in On the Road, Jamie McAllan in Mudbound, and Ben “Benny” Miller in Triple Frontier.
Garrett John Hedlund
Roseau, Minnesota, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Garrett Hedlund got enrolled at the Horizon High School in Scottsdale, Arizona in the 10th grade after having moved in to live with his mother. He graduated from there a semester early to pursue acting.
During his high school, using money earned from waiter gigs, he used to take classes with acting teacher Jean Fowler. Fowler worked on his speech and dialogue delivery as well as helped him understand script material.
Actor, Model, Singer, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Robert Martin Hedlund (Farmer and Wrestling Coach)
- Mother – Kristine Anne (née Yanish)
- Siblings – Nathaniel Hedlund (Older Brother), Amanda Hedlund (Older Sister)
- Others – Martin Emil Hedlund (Paternal Grandfather), Alice Christine Hedman (Paternal Grandmother), Eugene Albert Yanish (Maternal Grandfather), Ane Marie Bietz (Maternal Grandmother)
Garrett Hedlund is represented by –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Country, Country Pop, Blues
Vocals, Guitar, Violin
He has not signed with RCA Nashville but his Country Strong (2010) songs were released via this record label.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
91 kg or 201 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Garrett Hedlund has dated –
- Lindsay Lohan – Garrett Hedlund and actress Lindsay Lohan’s fling wasn’t confirmed by either party. However, his name was there on the handwritten list prepared by Lindsay and contained the names of 32 men, she had slept with. It was rumored that they hooked up while working in the comedy-drama, Georgia Rule.
- Beau Garrett (2010) – Garrett had a brief tryst with American actress and model Beau Garrett in 2010.
- Rashida Jones (2010-2011) – Garrett went out with actress Rashida Jones for a couple of months starting from the end of 2010. They even celebrated New Year together at the star-studded party at Marquee Nightclub in Las Vegas.
- Leighton Meester (2011) – Garrett started going out with actress and singer Leighton Meester after having worked together in Country Strong and also collaborated for a movie song.
- Taylor Swift (2011) – It was rumored that he had a fling with the popular singer-songwriter Taylor Swift in 2011.
- Kirsten Dunst (2011-2016) – Hedlund started dating English beauty Kirsten Dunst in 2011 while working with her in the movie, On the Road. Soon after, they moved in together and were pictured attending a number of red carpet events. Before they ended their relationship in 2016, it was also reported that they were going to get engaged.
- Diane Kruger (2016) – After being spotted on a casual date in the SoHo neighborhood of New York in September 2016, it seemed that Garrett had quickly moved on from his breakup and was dating German actress and model Diane Kruger.
- Emma Roberts (2019-Present) – In April 2019, Garrett and actress Emma Roberts’s romance was confirmed. Their first child, a son named Rhodes Robert Hedlund was born on December 27, 2020, and weighed around 9 lbs at the time of birth, i.e. 5:07 PM. Country star Tim McGraw is the godfather of their son, Rhodes.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he is of Swedish descent and on his mother’s side, he has Norwegian and German ancestry.
- Deep Voice
- Blue Eyes
In his teens, he did some modeling work for the clothing and outdoor retail company, L.L.Bean, Inc.
In 2013, he signed an endorsement deal with Yves Saint Laurent to become the face of the men’s fragrance, La Nuit de L’Homme. See the ad below.
Best Known For
Starring in Tron: Legacy (2010) and Troy (2004)
Garrett Hedlund’s first music album was for the movie Country Strong, in which he recorded several songs along with the movie cast.
His first film appearance was in the historical epic Troy for his role as Patroclus in 2004.
First TV Show
Garrett Hedlund’s TV debut came in 2011 in When I Was 17 in 2011 as himself in episode #2.45.
To prepare for his role in Tron: Legacy, Garrett enlisted the help of Navy SEAL Logan Hood to build lean muscles and to shred body fat. Hood decided to ditch traditional weight training to help him get results faster.
The bodyweight exercises such as pushups, pull-ups, squats, and sit-ups formed the bulk of his workout. He was made to perform exercises in an intense circuit without any rest until all exercises were done. His workout regime also featured bear crawls, farmer’s walks, box jumps, and tire drag.
Garrett Hedlund Facts
- Garret Hedlund’s parents divorced while he was a toddler. Till the age of 14, he lived with his father on a cattle farm in Minnesota before moving to Phoenix to live with his mother.
- Hedlund decided he wanted to become an actor after watching almost every movie available in the local movie store in Phoenix.
- In 2003, at the age of 18, he moved to Los Angeles and within two weeks of arrival, bagged the role of Patroclus in the Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom starrer, Troy.
- After he was signed up for a lead role in On the Road, he didn’t take any work due to his promise to the movie director, which meant he didn’t work for 24 months due to a delay in shooting.
- To prepare for his role of Dean Moriarty in On the Road, he read almost every book written by Jack Kerouac, whose work was adopted for the movie.
- While in high school, he was good at athletics and used to participate in ice skating, football, and wrestling.
- Growing up, he was a major fan of Tim McGraw, who played the role of his father in the 2004 sports drama film, Friday Night Lights.
- He is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hunting.
- In 2006, he provided vocals to the character of Murtagh in the video game titled Eragon.
- He turned down the role of Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) which was eventually played by Jamie Dornan.
- He learned to play the violin while shooting for the Eragon movie in Slovakia.
- Garret turned down a chance to star as Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and as Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
- In 2006, he broke his arm in a snowboarding accident and had to skip the premiere of Eragon held in London.
- He has been good friends with his Tron: Legacy co-star Olivia Wilde.
- In January 2020, he was arrested for Driving Under the Influence (DUI). His blood-alcohol level was found at 0.36% while the permissible level is 0.08%.
- Garrett had also auditioned for the part of Ryan Atwood in The O.C. but the role had finally gone to Ben McKenzie.
- Garrett Hedlund is not present on social media.