|Amanda Lepore Quick Info
|5 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|November 21, 1967
Amanda Lepore is an American model, socialite, singer, performance artist, and transgender/LGBTQ+ activist who is a former member of New York City’s Club Kids dance group. Besides that, she is also known for her work with prominently known photographers including David LaChapelle, Terry Richardson, and Ruben van Schalm.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey, United States
New York City, New York, United States
During her early teens, Amanda was taken out of public school and homeschooled.
Model, Singer, Socialite, Performing Artist, Transgender/LGBTQ+ Activist
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
Amanda is represented by Moniker Management.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Lepore has dated –
- Kanye West (2018) – Rumor
Note: Amanda tied the knot with a local bookstore owner from 1984 to 1989. She was only 17 at the time of her marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
Amanda has Italian ancestry on her father’s side and German ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Her beautiful platinum blonde hair.
- Plump lips
- Doll like physical appearance
She has appeared in the commercials for various brands including M.A.C Cosmetics.
Amanda Lepore Favorite Things
- Color – Red, Various shades of pink
- Emoji – Lipstick, Heart, Kiss
Amanda Lepore Facts
- She was born a boy and was brought up in the community of Essex County, New Jersey.
- Her father worked as a chemical engineer, whereas her mother was a housewife who suffered from schizophrenia and spent most of her time in mental institutions.
- Lepore learned of her interest in being a girl at a very early age and would often be confused as to why her parents were dressing her up as a boy.
- At the age of 15, Amanda began taking hormones from her transgender friends in exchange for designing and making costumes for them.
- As a child, Lepore was obsessed with the likes of Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield.
- Lepore has been featured in music videos for various artists and bands including Elton John, Thalía, The Dandy Warhols, Girl in a Coma, Grace Jones, Keanan Duffty, Sharon Needles, TIGA, and The Drums.
- If she were to call 4 people to a dinner party, they would be Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, David Bowie, and Prince.
- She was once fired alongside Sophia Lamar from a club for being transgender. Amanda went on to sue the nightclub and won the case.
- Amanda claims to have “the most expensive body on Earth”.
- She had her gender affirmation surgery done in Yonkers, New York at the age of 19.
- In the past, Amanda worked as a dominatrix at a nail salon. From there, she went on to work for designer and stylist Patricia Field as a cosmetics salesgirl.
- Photographer David LaChapelle considers her to be his muse.
- She has been featured on the cover of various magazines including French Playboy, Ponytail, DAMn, and TUSH.
- Amanda released her debut single titled Deeper in 2003. Later, on June 28, 2011, she released her first album titled I…Amanda Lepore.
Featured Image By Manfred Werner / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0