|David LaChapelle Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David LaChapelle is an American commercial photographer, fine-art photographer, music video director, artist, as well as a film director who shot to fame for his photography that has frequently alluded art history and carried social messages. His talent has been compared to none other than that of one of the most influential and legendary filmmakers ever and he has been called the Fellini of photography. He has worked for international publications and his work has been exhibited in galleries and institutions all around the world.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
David went to school in North Carolina and then moved to Fairfield in Connecticut attending public schools there. He went back to North Carolina and enrolled in the North Carolina School of Arts. He also went to the Arts Student League (NYC) and the School of Visual Arts (NYC).
Commercial photographer, Fine-art photographer, Music video director, Film director, Artist
- Father – Philip LaChapelle
- Mother – Helga LaChapelle
- Siblings – Sonja (Sister), Philip (Brother)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
1. In the mid-1980s, he lost his boyfriend at the time to AIDS.
2. While staying in London, he tied the knot with the female publicist of the UK pop-star Marilyn. The marriage lasted for 1 year.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French and Canadian descent.
- High cheekbones
- Shapely lips
- Sharp nose
In 1995 he filmed the famous “kissing sailors” commercial for Diesel.
He shot the ”Mighty tasty!” campaign that began in May 1998 for the Camel line of cigarettes.
David LaChapelle Favorite Things
- Has Adored – Miley Cyrus
- Huge Figure In His Life Who Was Also His Friend – Michael Jackson
Source – Vanity Fair
David LaChapelle Facts
- He has affirmed that he used to love going to the public schools in Connecticut and that he enjoyed their art program as a child and teenager. However, he faced bullying there. When he moved to North Carolina and started attending school, he used to be mocked there too for being gay.
- His first photograph was that of his mother when he was only 6 years of age. She used to set up scenes for family photographs and David has pointed out that things like that had a heavy influence on his art direction and so he is grateful to his mother.
- He has stated that his pictures are about getting as far removed from reality as possible. He has added that dreams should be indispensable in our everyday life and they should be given great importance.
Featured Image by Manfred Werner – Tsui / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0)