|Jayne Mansfield Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1933|
Jayne Mansfield was an American film, theater, and television actress, singer, model, and entertainer who is regarded as one of the major Holywood s*x symbols from the 1950s and early 1960s. Despite a rather short career-span, she became a successful artist appearing in movies like The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw, Promises! Promises!, and The Girl Can’t Help It. She also won a Golden Globe Award in the “New Star of the year, Actress” category for her role in Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? in 1957.
Vera Jayne Palmer
Jaynie, Broadway’s Smartest Dumb Blonde, The Blonde Bombshell
She was born on April 19, 1933.
Jayne Mansfield died on June 29, 1967, at the age of 34 in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States due to brain trauma sustained in an automobile crash.
Fairview Cemetery, Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania, United States
Phillipsburg, New Jersey, United States
Jayne Mansfield attended Highland Park High School from where she graduated in 1950. Later, she attended Southern Methodist University, the University of California, Los Angeles, and the University of Texas at Austin.
Additionally, she took ballroom dance lessons and studied Spanish and German. She also took lessons in violin, piano, and viola.
Actress, Singer, Playboy Playmate, Nightclub Entertainer, Model
- Father – Herbert William Palmer (Attorney)
- Mother – Vera Jeffrey Palmer
- Sibling – She was an only child.
- Others – Elmer E. Palmer (Paternal Grandfather), Alice J. Jackson (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Henry Palmer (Maternal Grandfather), Beatrice Mary Palmer (Maternal Grandmother), Harry Lawrence Peers (Stepfather)
Violin, Piano, Viola
20th Century Fox Records, MGM Records, London Records, Polydor Records
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jayne Mansfield had dated –
- Robert F. Kennedy
- Porfirio Rubirosa
- Oleg Cassini
- Peter O’Toole
- Art Aragon
- Joseph P. Kennedy
- Enrico Bomba
- Paul Mansfield (1949-1958) – During the course of their marriage, they had a daughter named Jayne Marie Mansfield (b. November 8, 1950).
- Steve Cochran (1954-1955)
- Greg Bautzer (1955)
- Nicholas Ray (1955-1956)
- George Jessel (1955)
- Miklós “Mickey” Hargitay (1956-1964) – They had 3 children – 2 sons named Mickey Hargitay Jr. (b. December 21, 1958) and Zoltan Hargitay (b. August 1, 1960) and a daughter Mariska Hargitay (b. January 23, 1964).
- John F. Kennedy (1960)
- Jorge Guinle (1962-1964)
- Clint Eastwood (1962) – Rumor
- Claude Terrail (1963)
- Nelson Sardelli (1963-1964)
- Matt Cimber (1963-1966) – Their relationship resulted in the birth of a son named Tony Cimber (b. October 18, 1965).
- Samuel Brody (1966-1967)
- Engelbert Humperdinck (1967)
- Bobby Darin (1967)
Race / Ethnicity
Jayne Mansfield was of English, Cornish, and German descent.
- Curvy physique
- Lisp high pitched voice
She practiced Satanism.
Jayne Mansfield Facts
- When she was around 3 years old, her father died of a heart attack.
- In 1958, she inherited more than $90,000 (more than $798,000 in 2019 dollars) from her maternal grandfather and more than $36,000 (more than $319,000 in 2019 dollars) from her maternal grandmother.
- Jayne Mansfield was just 17 years old when she gave birth to her first child.
- For her contributions to motion pictures, she received Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on February 8, 1960.
Featured Image by 20th Century Fox / doctormacro.com / Public Domain