|Engelbert Humperdinck Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1936|
Engelbert Humperdinck is an English singer whose songs like Release Me (1967) and The Last Waltz (1967) had topped the UK music charts in the year of release, having sold more than a million copies each. He has enjoyed chart successes outside the UK too with singles such as This Moment in Time (1979) and has sold more than 140 million records worldwide. Engelbert has dropped numerous albums including We Made It Happen (1970) and After the Lovin’ (1976) the latter having got nominated for a Grammy in 1977 for “Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male”. He is the recipient of several other honors and awards such as being conferred a star on Leicester’s Walk of Fame in Leicester, England on April 24, 2010.
Arnold George Dorsey
Gerry, Engelbert Humperdinck
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Kingdom
He attended the University of Leicester and acquired the honorary degree of Doctor of Music in January 2006.
- Father – Mervyn Dorsey (British Army NCO)
- Mother – Olive Dorsey
- Siblings – He has 9 siblings.
He is represented by The Random House Group Limited.
Traditional Pop, Easy Listening, Schlager
Vocals, Piano, Saxophone
- Decca Records
- Parrot Records
- Epic Records
- White Records
- OK! Good Records
6 ft 1.5 in or 187 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Patricia Healey (1964-Present) – He tied the knot with Patricia on April 18, 1964. They have 3 sons named Scott, Jason, and Bradley and a daughter named Louise.
- Jayne Mansfield (1967) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Welsh descent on his father’s side of the family and of German descent on his mother’s side.
- Tall stature
- Fuller lips
- Sharp nose
Engelbert Humperdinck Favorite Things
- Keen Fan Of – Leicester City Football Club
- Sunday Breakfast – Chilli, egg and onions on toast preparing which he has usually smoked out the whole house while frying up the chilli and onions
- Has Relaxed By – Playing golf at a course that is 2 miles from his Beverly Hills home followed by enjoying some lunch with a glass of wine in its clubhouse, Riding his Harley-Davidson motorcycle around the Hollywood Hills
- Activity On Sundays – Playing Scrabble with friends who come over having loved the game as he has loved words
Engelbert Humperdinck Facts
- He developed an interest in music in his early teens and started learning the saxophone. He soon began playing the instrument in nightclubs and it was in his late teens that he started singing.
- His impression of Jerry Lewis had led his friends to call him “Gerry Dorsey” and he worked under the moniker for almost a decade. In 1965, he selected his stage name after the German composer Engelbert Humperdinck.
- Engelbert has disclosed that he has usually got up at 6:30 am after which he has watched some television to wake up his mind and then done exercises, followed by having his breakfast.
- He has affirmed that he has dreamed music and if he has a strong idea for a song, he has woken up, recorded it on his phone, and then recorded it the next day. He has realized that his dreams have been the blueprints of his reality.
Featured Image by Engelbert Humperdinck / Instagram