|Rodrigo de la Serna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1976|
Rodrigo de la Serna is an Argentinian actor, musician, and theatre artist who is best known for having been cast as Palermo in Money Heist and for his role as Alberto Granado in The Motorcycle Diaries. Moreover, he has also played several other on-screen roles such as Pablo Silva in Furtive, Matías Franco in El Lobista, Jorge Bergoglio in Chiamatemi Francesco, Oscar in Boca de fresa, and Claudio Tamburrini in Chronicle of an Escape.
Lionel Rodrigo de la Serna Chevalier
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ingeniero Maschwitz, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Actor, Theatre Artist, Musician
- Sibling – Manuel De la Serna (Brother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rodrigo de la Serna has dated –
- Erica Rivas (1999-2010) – He dated actress Érica Rivas from 1999 to 2010 and the duo parents a daughter named Miranda de la Serna (b. 2000).
- Soledad Fandiño (2011)
- Belén Francese (2012) – Rumor
- Pilar Gamboa (2012-2016)
- Ludmila Romero (2017-Present) – He started dating Ludmila Romero in 2017 and they welcomed their daughter named Olivia De la Serna in February 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Has often portrayed real-life characters
- Deep-set eyes
Rodrigo de la Serna Facts
- He was raised in the Belgrano neighborhood of Buenos Aires.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Micky in the 1999 Argentine-American romantic comedy film, El mismo amor, la misma lluvia (English: Same Love, Same Rain).
- Rodrigo de la Serna was cast as Alberto Granado, the youthful friend and traveling companion of Che Guevara, in the 2004 biopic, The Motorcycle Diaries. He co-starred in the film alongside Gael García Bernal and Mía Maestro and this role won him a Silver Condor Award for “Best Actor” as well as an Independent Spirit Award for “Best Debut Performance” while he was also nominated for a BAFTA Award for “Best Supporting Actor”.
- He has been a part of a band named El Yotivenco alongside Blas Alberti and Juan Pablo Díaz Hermelo.
- In 2019, Rodrigo de la Serna started appearing as Martín Berrote (Palermo/The Engineer), an old Argentine friend of Berlin who planned the robbery of the Bank of Spain with him, in the Spanish heist crime drama television series, Money Heist (Spanish: La casa de papel).
- His Money Heist co-stars include Álvaro Morte, Pedro Alonso, Itziar Ituño, Úrsula Corberó, Paco Tous, Alba Flores, Miguel Herrán, Jaime Lorente, Esther Acebo, Enrique Arce, and María Pedraza.
Featured Image by Secretaría de Cultura Ciudad de México / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0