|Alba Flores Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1986|
Alba Flores is a Spanish actress best known for her unique role as Saray Vargas de Jesus in Vis a Vis (2015), and Agata “Nairobi” Jimenez in Money Heist (2017). She knew from an early age that she was going to become an actress, so she never thought about taking up another career path. At a young age, she went to study dramatic interpretation and had secondary training in piano performance. She trained for several years before accepting her 1st role on stage in Honeymoon in Hiroshima and then played in a gypsy version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Alba Flores made her first film debut in 2005 in Chus Gutierrez’s El Calentito. After her role in the movie, the entertainment industry was already aware of her talent and began calling her for bigger roles. She was cast in a top Spanish television series, El tiempo entre costuras, and Cuentame como paso. Alba got her breakthrough when she played the role of Saray Vargas, a gypsy prisoner in Locked Up. It was this role that made her name well known throughout Spain and even in other continents. The creator of Locked Up, Alex Pina called Alba to play the lead role, Nairobi in another television series Money Heist (Casa de papel).
Alba González Villa
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Alba Flores’s education history has not been revealed to the public, but she started studying drama and music at the age of 13.
- Father – Antonio Flores (Half-Romani Musician and Composer)
- Mother – Ana Villa (Theatrical Producer)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Antonio Gonzalez Batista (Paternal Grandfather) (Dancer, Musician, Composer), Lola Flores (Grandmother) (Singer, Actress, Dancer, Businesswoman), Lolita Flores (Aunt) (Actress, Singer), Rosario Flores (Aunt) (Actress, Singer), Elena Furiase (Cousin) (Actress)
Alba Flores is represented by Kuranda (Commercial Talent Agency), Madrid, Spain.
- Warner Music Spain S.L.
- Warner Music Finland Oy
- Warner Music Canada
- Warner Music Latina
- Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alba Flores has dated –
- Ondina Maldonado – Ondina Maldonado is a bisexual actress born in 1987 in Mostoles, Madrid, Spain. Alba Flores tries her best to keep her personal life private, so the period of the relationship is unknown. Ondina is known for her works on Dreamland (2014), Afterparty (2013), and No culpes al karma de lo que te pasa por gilipollas (2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
She is of Romani and Spanish descent.
- Slim shape
- Large nose
- High cheekbones
- Shoulder-length hair
Alba Flores has not done endorsement work for brands yet.
Best Known For
- Her roles on films such as Amaya on El Calentito (2005), Chica Casting on Los managers (2006), Shamira in Vicente Ferrer (2013), and Carmen on The Memory of Water (2015)
- Acting in television shows including El comisario (2006), The Time in Between (2014), Locked Up (2015-2019), Money Heist (2017-2019), Vis a Vis (2016)
- Providing soundtrack for movies and television shows such as Road to Santiago (2009), Cuentame (2014), and Locked Up (2015-2016)
As a Singer
Alba Flores has performed in several songs such as No puedo enamorarme de tí in the movie Road to Santiago in 2009, Me quedo contigo in the TV series Cuéntame in 2014, and Noche de calor in the TV series Locked Up in 2015.
Alba Flores made her theatrical film debut in the role of Amaya in the movie El Calentito in 2005.
First TV Show
Alba Flores made her first TV show appearance as Herself in El meu avi in 2004.
Alba Flores Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza, Pasta
- Colors – Blue, White, Green, Red
- Activities – Traveling, Watching movies
Alba Flores Facts
- In 2009, Alba Flores recorded the theme song I cannot fall in love with you of her father, for the soundtrack of Roberts Santiago’s film At the End of the Road which starred Malena Alterio and Fernando Tejero.
- Alba Flores premiered the Antena 3 series El tiempo entre costura (The time between seams) in 2013 in which she played the role of the character Jamila.
- She appeared with Ursula Corbero on the television program El hormiguero on April 25, 2017, to promote the latest project she was working on titled La casa de papel, which premiered on May 2, 2017.
- Alba Flores affirmed that she keeps her personal life private, although she didn’t disclose the reasons.
- She acted in the movie El Calentito which also served as her debut. It was created by Chus Gutierrez and several others including Veronica Sanchez, Ruth Diaz, Macarena Gomez, Estibaliz Gabilondo and Lluvia Rojo.
- She belongs to a family with a history in the Spanish entertainment industry, having popular grandparents, parents, aunts, and cousin.
- At the age of 13, she already knew she was going to become an actress and began pursuing her dreams from then. She registered in a school that taught her acting and also gave music lessons. She learned for 6 years and later accepted a role for theatre play when she was 19.
- Alba won a Waves Award for “Best Female Actress” for her role in Vis a Vis.
- Alba joined Adriana Ugarte in the cast of the pre-World War II spy drama The Time in Between.
- She made her theatrical debut at Maria Guerrero Theater in Madrid, playing a role in The Tattooed Rose, by Tennessee Williams, directed by Carme Portaceli.
- Alba Flores smokes and drinks alcohol, although not excessively.
- She has a very huge fan-base outside Spain, in Asia and the United States of America.
- She keeps her personal life separated from her entertainment life, but she is rumored to have dated or may still be in a relationship with Ondina Maldonaldo, a fellow Spanish actress who happens to be bisexual.
- In 2007, she became a very good friend of the actor, Alex Cueva.
- Her father died when she was just 9 years old, and he composed a song for his only daughter titled Alba.
- On the 12th anniversary of her father’s death, Alba Flores sang in public for the 1st time with her aunts Lolita Flores and Rosario Flores. They performed the song No dudaria in the concert of Lolita in May 2007.
- Follow Alba Flores on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Alba Flores / Instagram