|Jaylen Brown Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 24, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jaylen Brown is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Boston Celtics (2016–Present), as a shooting guard / small forward, in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He was picked 3rd overall in the 1st round, by the Boston Celtics, at the 2016 NBA Draft. He was included in the annual NBA ‘All-Star Game’ for the first time in 2021. Representing the United States, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2014 FIBA (Fédération Internationale de Basketball) Americas Under-18 Championship.
Jaylen Marselles Brown
JB, Old Man
Marietta, Cobb County, Georgia, United States
Wellesley, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States
Jaylen had attended Wheeler High School, a public school in his hometown of Marietta. After his high school graduation, in 2015, he had joined the University of California, Berkeley, a public land-grant research university in Berkeley, California.
He had taken a masters-level class in the university’s ‘Cultural Studies of Sport in Education’ program during his first semester there. He had also gained some fluency in Spanish and had stated that his goal was learning 3 more languages before turning 25.
Jaylen had represented the university’s California Golden Bears men’s basketball team for about a year before declaring for the 2016 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Marselles Brown (Former Professional Boxer, the 2016 WBU (World Boxing Union) World Champion, the 2015 WBU C.A.M. Heavyweight Champion, Member of the Hawaii State Boxing Commission Board)
- Mother – Mechalle Brown
- Siblings – Quenton Brown (Older Brother) (Former College-Level American Football Player)
- Others – A. J. Bouye (Cousin) (Professional American Football Player)
Shooting Guard, Small Forward
7 – Boston Celtics
Jaylen Brown’s net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
101 kg or 222.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jaylen has dated –
- Arkan Ali – Rumor
- Jacqueline Hawileh – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped, afro hair
- Sports a thick beard
Jaylen Brown Facts
- Jaylen, in his senior year, had helped Wheeler High School win the Georgia High School Association (GHSA) Class 6A State Championship. With just 0.6 seconds remaining in the championship game, he had scored 2 free throws to give his school a 59–58 win. In his senior year, he had averaged 28 points and 12 rebounds per game, helping his school accumulate an impressive 30–3 overall win-loss record.
- Following his impressive performances, he was selected to play in the 2015 edition of the McDonald’s All-American Boys Game, an annual all-star basketball game for high school graduates. At the end of his high school career, he was also named the ‘Gatorade Georgia Boys Player of the Year’, USA Today‘s ‘All-USA Georgia Player of the Year’, ‘Mr. Georgia Basketball’, and the ‘Class 6A Player of the Year’.
- For his performances during his one-year college basketball stint with the California Golden Bears men’s team, he had earned ‘First-Team All-Pac-12 (a collegiate athletic conference that operates in the Western United States)’ honors in 2016 and was named the ‘Pac-12 Freshman of the Year’.
- In the 2016–17 NBA season, he had helped the Boston Celtics claim the number 1 seed in the ‘Eastern Conference’ before helping the team advance through to the ‘Eastern Conference Finals’. For his outstanding performances throughout the season, he was named to the ‘NBA All-Rookie Second Team’.
- In mid-2018, he had become the youngest player in the Boston Celtics‘ history to score 30 or more points in a playoff game.
- At the age of 22, he had become the youngest elected vice president of the NBA‘s players’ association.
- In 2019, he was named a fellow of the ‘MIT Media Lab’, a research laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Since then, he has collaborated with the university to create the ‘Bridge Program’ that mentors youth and high school students of color in the Greater Boston area to pursue careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) programs.
- In October 2021, in his team’s season-opener, he had recorded a career-high 46 points, setting a franchise record for ‘most points scored on an opening night’. In January 2022, he had extended that career-high to 50 points.
- In March 2022, he and Jayson Tatum had scored at least 30 points each in the same game for the 4th time in the season. They had tied this record with fellow Boston Celtics stars Larry Bird and Kevin McHale who had also recorded 4 such games in the 1986–87 NBA season. The very next game, he and Jayson had broken the record by both scoring 30 points yet again.
- In May 2022, in Game 3 of the ‘Eastern Conference Finals’, he had recorded a playoff career-high of 40 points. In the 7th and final game of the series, he had logged 24 points in a 100–96 victory over the Miami Heat, helping the Boston Celtics advance to the ‘NBA Finals’ for the first time since 2010.
- He runs a YouTube channel where he often posts documentary-style video series depicting his life during the season and off-season workouts. The first such video was posted in January 2017 and was titled FCHWPO: Pawn to E4, indicating his love of chess. FCHWPO, which is also his Twitter and Instagram handle, stands for ‘Faith, Consistency, Hard Work Pays Off’.
- He is primarily a vegetarian and his myriad interests include learning new languages, studying history and philosophy, and practicing meditation.
- In October 2022, Jaylen announced that he was leaving Kanye West‘s Donda Sports.
Featured Image by Jaylen Brown / Instagram