|Bubba Wallace Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1993|
Bubba Wallace is an American professional stock car racing driver who has competed in the NASCAR Cup Series (2017-Present), the NASCAR Xfinity Series (2012, 2014-2017), the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (2013-2014, 2017-2019), the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (2010-2012, 2018), and the ARCA Racing Series (2013). His best results in these competitions include a 7th-place finish in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (2015), 3rd in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (2014), and 2nd in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (2011). He is widely regarded as one of the most accomplished African-American drivers in the history of NASCAR.
William Darrell Wallace Jr.
Mobile, Mobile County, Alabama, United States
Concord, Cabarrus County, North Carolina, United States
Bubba had attended the Northwest Cabarrus High School in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
Professional Stock Car Racing Driver
- Father – Darrell Wallace, Sr. (Owner of an Industrial Cleaning Company)
- Mother – Desiree Wallace (née Gillespie) (Social Worker, Former Track Athlete)
- Siblings – Brittany Wallace (Sister)
- Others – Oscar E. Gillispie (Maternal Grandfather), Janet D. Beaty (Maternal Grandmother)
- 43 (2017-2020)
- 23 (2021-Present)
NASCAR Cup Series Teams
Bubba has raced for –
- Richard Petty Motorsports (2017-2020)
- 23XI Racing (2021-Present)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bubba has dated –
- Amanda Carter – In July 2021, Bubba got engaged to Amanda Carter after dating for more than 5 years. The couple tied the knot on December 31, 2022, in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
He is of Scottish descent on his father’s side and African-American descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
Bubba has been sponsored by –
- DoorDash Inc.
- Root Insurance
- Columbia Sportswear
- Beats Electronics LLC
- PSD underwear
- Maui Jim
In February 2022, he was featured in the McDonald’s “2022 Super Bowl” commercial alongside Edwin Castro and Kanye West.
Bubba Wallace Facts
- He had started racing at competitive events from a very early age. He had first participated in the Bandolero and Legends car racing series, in addition to local late model events, at the age of just 9. In 2005, he had won 35 of the 48 races of the Bandolero Series.
- In 2008, he had become the youngest driver to win a race at the Franklin County Speedway in Virginia. He was just 15 years old at that time. That year, he had also won the ‘UARA-Stars Rookie of the Year’ title.
- As of December 2020, he had held the records for the best performances by an African-American driver at the Daytona 500 event (2nd in 2018) and the Brickyard 400 event (3rd in 2019).
- In 2013, he had become the first African-American driver to win a race in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series. Bubba had accomplished the feat at the Martinsville Speedway in Ridgeway, Virginia. He had repeated his win at this track in 2014 as well.
- He had lent his voice to the character of Bubba Wheelhouse in the 2017 Pixar 3D computer-animated comedy-adventure film Cars 3.
- In February 2018, a reality web TV series titled Behind the Wall: Bubba Wallace was released on Facebook Watch.
- In a 2019 interview, he revealed that he had dealt with depression for most of his racing career. He later mentioned that he was overwhelmed by the positive response to the interview due to which he realized that depression was such a widespread issue.
- In October 2022, Bubba was suspended for 1 race after he crashed Kyle Larson at Lap 94 of the South Point 400 in the NASCAR Cup Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Featured Image by Bubba Wallace / Instagram