|Honey G Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1981|
Honey G or Anna Georgette Gilford is an English rapper who gained popularity with her appearance on the 13th series of The X Factor in 2016. While many including her own family members regard her performances as ’embarrassing’, rappers like Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent have supported her artistic style.
Anna Georgette Gilford
Harrow, London, England
Honey G attended the Dr. Challoner’s Grammar School in Buckinghamshire. Then, she went to the University of Salford in Salford, Greater Manchester and then graduated in 2004, with an upper second-class degree in popular music.
- Father – Lawrence Gilford (Retired Dentist)
- Mother – Yvonne Gilford (Classical Pianist)
Pop rap, Hip-hop
- Syco Music (Former Label)
- H To The O Music (Current Label)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
The details about her relationship are unknown as Honey G tries to keep her personal life under covers. But she revealed in 2018 that she has been dating a woman for almost over a year, who was introduced to her by a mutual friend.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
- Often wears shades
- Baseball hat
Best Known For
Being a contestant on the 13th series of The X Factor in 2016
As a Singer
She released her debut single, The Honey G Show, in 2016, with her former record label, Syco Music. With little promotion, the single failed to get into the Top 100 of the UK charts and settled for no. 149.
First TV Show
Honey G made her TV show debut by appearing as a contestant on the reality singing show, The X Factor in 2016.
Honey G had a major transformation in 2018, after following a low-carb diet for over 2 months, which resulted in her looking slimmer and more radiant. She lost more than 1 stone by following a low-carb diet.
Honey G Facts
- She revealed that she was bullied as a child for having a Jewish background.
- Honey G sang “Work It” by Missy Elliott on her first audition.
- She was mentored by Sharon Osbourne on The X Factor in 2016.
- Honey came out as gay when she posed for a n*de photoshoot on July 26, 2017.
- She performed for the first time at the Club Abyss in Ayia Napa and has been DJ-ing since 1999.
- A controversy started when Honey claimed that she had signed a record deal with Simon Cowell‘s record label, Syco Music, even before the winner of the series, The X Factor, was announced in 2016.
- Her style is criticized by many, including Isabel Mohan of The Telegraph who titled her with “the biggest joke in X Factor history”.
- She was a finalist on the 13th series of The X Factor in 2016 and was the most talked about personality of the season.
- She was eliminated in the quarter-finals of The X Factor but was brought back as a replacement.
- She has launched her own club called ‘Luvibe’ which focuses on black female talent.
- Artists like Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent have supported her in the past.
- Her family members had said that they felt “embarrassed” by her performances.
- Honey played tennis in her younger years and was a county tennis champion.
- Visit Honey G’s official website @ honeyg.co.uk.
- Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and iTunes.
Featured Image by Honey G / Instagram