|Joe Jonas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Joe Jonas is an American singer, songwriter, and actor who has gained popularity for being a member of the brotherly trio named the Jonas Brothers alongside brothers Nick Jonas and Kevin Jonas. The group has released several albums including It’s About Time, Jonas Brothers, A Little Bit Longer, Happiness Begins, and Lines, Vines and Trying Times. Apart from that, Joe Jonas has also showcased his skills in projects like Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Camp Rock, Hannah Montana, Married to Jonas, Hot in Cleveland, and Home Movie: The Princess Bride.
Joseph Adam Jonas
Joe, JJ, DJ Danger, Joseph Jonas
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
He was homeschooled by his mother.
Pop Singer, Musician, Actor, and Dancer
- Father – Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr. (Songwriter, musician, and former ordained minister at an Assemblies of God church)
- Mother – Denise Miller-Jonas (Former sign language teacher and singer)
- Siblings – Nick Jonas (Younger Brother), Kevin Jonas (Older Brother), Frankie Jonas (Younger Brother)
He is represented by Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Teen pop, pop-rock, Christian rock, electro-pop, R&B, dance-pop, pop
Vocals, percussion, keyboards, guitars
Columbia Records, Hollywood, Jonas Records, Walt Disney Records, Republic Records
Joe’s net worth has been $40 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Girlfriends / Spouse
Joe Jonas has dated –
- Mandy VanDuyne (2005)
- Amanda Michalka (2006) – American actress, singer, musician, Amanda Joy Michalka, or AJ, dated Joe for some time in 2006. She even blogged about this on her MySpace account.
- Amelia Than-Aye (2006-2007)
- Chelsea Kane (2008) – Joe and actress Chelsea had a show together in early 2008 and during that time, they dated together. It was from February 2008 to April 2008. They also appeared in the series Jonas L.A. in 2009.
- Taylor Swift (July 2008 – October 2008) – Taylor and Joe dated briefly in 2008. Taylor wrote a song about their relationship, “Forever & Always,” “Last Kiss” and “Better than Revenge.” Joe had broken up with her over the phone.
- Camilla Belle (October 2008 – July 2009) – American actress, Camilla dated Joe after she starred in the band’s music video for the song “Lovebug.” Now, they are just good friends.
- Brenda Song (2009) – It was rumored that he had a fling with actress Brenda Song in the year 2009.
- Demi Lovato (2010) – They first met while filming for Disney Channel’s movie “Camp Rock” in 2007. Their dating relationship was confirmed by Demi in May 2010. After a few months, she announced via Twitter that they have broken up. Joe says that he decided to call it quits. But, he would be there for her for any kind of help, just like a friend.
- Ashley Greene (July 2010 – March 2011) – American model and actress, Ashley Greene dated for around 9 months until March 2011.
- Dulce María (2011) – Joe had a fling with Mexican singer, Dulce in late 2011. They first met at a poolside in Acapulco, Mexico and this is where Joe started flirting with her. Their relationship lasted for a month from August to September 2011.
- Renee Bargh (2011) – It was also reported that he went out with Australian entertainment reporter Renee Bargh in 2011.
- Georgina Rosso (2012) – RUMOR
- Nina Agdal (2012) – In 2012, Joe was RUMORed to be dating the Danish model, Nina Agdal. It was revealed by NYDailyNews.
- Nathashia Ho (2012) – RUMOR
- Blanda Eggenschwiler (2012-2014) – Jonas dated former Swiss model, Blanda Eggenschwiler from November 2012 to July 2014. They dated for around 20 months.
- Gigi Hadid (2015) – Joe started dating American model, Gigi Hadid in the summer of 2015. She had also dated his younger brother, Nick in the past. The couple commenced dating in May 2015, and have been spotted together a couple of times after that. They split in November 2015.
- Jessica Serfaty – RUMOR
- Juliana Herz (2016) – RUMOR
- Sophie Turner (2016-2023) – In November 2016, the English actress and Joe started dating each other. They made their relationship stronger by getting engaged in October 2017. On May 1, 2019, the love birds got married in Las Vegas, Nevada, and became parents to their daughter named Willa in July 2020. In March 2022, it was revealed that Sophie and Joe were expecting their 2nd child together. In July 2022, they welcomed a baby girl. In September 2023, it was reported that Joe was preparing to file for divorce from Sophie. Later that month, Joe officially filed for divorce from Sophie. In September 2023, Sophie filed a lawsuit against Joe for the return of their two daughters to England and accused him of withholding their passports. She claimed that they were planning to move to England and were also looking for schools for their older daughter, Willa in the past. However, after the divorce filing, he disagreed with the arrangement and said that he wouldn’t give consent to their daughters moving to England. Later that month, Joe denied the accusation and revealed that he was okay with the kids being raised both in the U.S. and the UK.
Race / Ethnicity
Joe is of Italian, German, Irish, English, Scottish, and French-Canadian descent.
He might also have Cherokee Native American ancestry.
- Bushy eyebrows
- Facial hair
In 2012, Joe was named the Pepsi Brand Ambassador for Pulse Digital Dashboard. He was signed for the ‘Live for Now’ ad campaign.
In 2012, he appeared in the Acuvue contact lenses commercial.
He has said that he believes in God (and was raised in the Christian faith), but he is not religious in any way now.
Best Known For
Performing at various events and shows from a pop-rock band – Jonas Brothers. Other members of the band are his siblings Nick and Kevin.
- Solo – Joe Jonas’ debut studio album was Fastlife released on October 11, 2011. There are a total of 12 tracks in this album plus 2 iTunes bonus tracks making it a total length of 56:21 minutes. The album debuted at no. 15 and stayed at no. 2 for two weeks on Billboard 200.
- With the band Jonas Brothers – The band Jonas Brothers released their debut album, It’s About Time on August 8, 2006, under the Columbia Records. The notable singles from the album are “Mandy” and “Year 3000”. It appeared on the 91st position at Billboard 200.
2008 American concert film from Walt Disney Pictures Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert for his role as himself. It was a 3D concert movie.
First TV Show
Joe appeared on the American TV series Hannah Montana in 2007 as himself. He actually presented himself in just 1 episode (Season 2 Episode 17) titled “Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas”.
Joe Jonas works out with his personal trainer regularly. He wears a windbreaker jacket so that he could sweat more and shed more fat. He said he worked out once with a garbage bag, but unfortunately, he got heatstroke. He drinks Gatorade and eats Luna bars to replenish himself.
Joe Jonas Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream, Bbq Chicken Pizza, Chicken Cutlet With Mayo
- Favorite TV Programs – Lost (2004-2010), Most Extreme Challenge (2003-2007)
- Favorite Author – Dr. Seuss, Stephenie Meyer
- Favorite Movies – Twilight (2008), New Moon (2009), The Holiday (2006), Dumb And Dumber (1994), Finding Neverland (2004), School For Scoundrels (2006), Transformers (2007), Liar Liar (1997)
- All-Time Favorite Movie – Forrest Gump (1994)
- Favorite Bands – Switchfoot, Daft Punk, Copeland, Team Hilario, The Backstreet Boys, Nsync, The Beatles
- Favorite Songs – Just Want You To Know (Backstreet Boys) (2005), Cry Me A River (Justin Timberlake) (2002), Pushing Me Away (Jonas Brothers) (2008), Still In Love With You (Jonas Brothers) (2007), Australia (Jonas Brothers) (2007), I Am What I Am (Jonas Brothers) (2006), Pop (Nsync), Hey Jude (The Beatles), Crank That (Soulja Boy) (Soulja Boy) (2007), I Gotta Feeling (The Black Eyed Peas) (2009), Umbrella (Rihanna) (2007)
- Favorite Books – A Wrinkle In Time (By Madeleine L’Engle in 1962), New Moon, Twilight
- All-Time Favorite Book – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Favorite Places – Starbucks, In And Out Burger, Limited Too, American Outfitters, American Apparel
- Favorite Accessory – Headband, Goggles
- Favorite Colors – Blue, Purple
- Favorite Singer – Jonny Lang
- Favorite Actor – Jim Carrey
- Favorite Meal – In-N-Out Double-Double burger with “animal-style” onions
- Favorite Childhood Memory – Staying with his family in a Florida hotel room with triple bunk beds and each bed had its own video game system.
- Favorite Cities – Zurich, New York City, London, Paris, Los Angeles
Source – UsMagazine.com
Joe Jonas Facts
- His favorite sport is football and enjoys running.
- He became homeschooled after 6th grade.
- Joe is a fan of Britney Spears.
- He has won various awards also. In 2010, he won “The Soup Awards for Best Third Jonas.” In 2009, he was awarded the “Kids Choice Award for Favorite TV Actor.”
- He has guest appeared in various TV shows such as Punk’d (2012), American Idol (served as a judge on a January 27, 2010 episode), Top Chef (2010), When I was 17 (2011), etc.
- He had a knack for collecting G.I. Joe figures and pens, as a child.
- He wears a purity ring, just like his younger brother Nick Jonas.
- He loves to cook food.
- If Joe were not a singer, he would have been a comedian.
- With the Jonas Brothers, he parted ways in 2013. In 2015, he formed a 4-member pop-rock band called DNCE. The other three members are Jack Lawless (drummer), Cole Whittle (bassist/keyboardist), and JinJoo Lee (guitarist).
- In November 2015, he sold his 3-bedroom home for $2.9 million and started living in a rental Airbnb house.
- In October 2020, Joe got his hair dyed in pink color to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month. He had uploaded his pink-haired picture on Instagram stories.
- In October 2020, Joe showcased his 3 new tattoos on his left forearm. Those 3 tattoos represent the famous principle – “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil”.
- In October 2020, he showcased another tattoo on the back of his neck. It is a keyhole that features the eye (appears to be that of Sophie Turner) staring back.
- Joe had gifted his wife Sophie a t-shirt featuring Miley Cyrus as a Christmas present in 2020.
- In March 2021, he revealed that he had become an investor in the superfood startup, Mindright which was co-founded by Ridiculousness host Rob Dyrdek.
- In May 2021, The Jonas Brothers released a new song titled Leave Before You Love Me in collaboration with Marshmello.
- In June 2021, Joe and Sophie Turner had listed their Los Angeles-based 15,000-square-foot house for $16.75 million. They previously purchased the house for $14.1 million in 2019. The couple sold the property for $15.2 million in September 2021.
- In December 2021, Joe had released a new song Go It Alone.
- In September 2022, Joe announced his new single with Khalid titled Not Alone. The song was featured in his movie Devotion.
- His father Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr. is one of his biggest musical inspirations. His father can also play almost any instrument.
- Other musicians who have been inspirations to him include Prince (for his right attitude), Freddie Mercury (for being a great frontman), and Bono (for leadership and stage presence).
- The song Something written by George Harrison is the song Joe wishes he would have written.
- He likes drinking coffee.
- He doesn’t pencil in his eyebrows.
- If possible, he would love to hang out with actor Bill Murray since he would have a lot to share.
- Joe has a celebrity crush on Daniel Craig and Matthew McConaughey.
- He would like to have pappardelle pasta and chocolate cake with ice cream as his last meal on Earth.
- His biggest pet peeve is when he is in deep sleep and somebody wakes him up.
- If he could duet with anyone, he would like to do that with Barbra Streisand.
- Before going on the stage for the show, he does some push-ups and jumping jacks. Sometimes, even DNCE guitarist JinJoo Lee also slaps him a couple of times.
- If he has just 1 day left on Earth, he would like to go skiing with his family at Mammoth Mountain in California.
- Once he had an adventurous trip to New Zealand with his manager where he did mountain biking, ATVing, and a helicopter tour of the set of The Lord of the Rings.
- In November 2022, Joe and Sophie Turner sold their mansion in Miami for $17 million. The couple had previously purchased the property in 2021 for $11 million.
- Joe had auditioned for the role of Spider-Man in The Amazing Spider-Man in the past. However, the role was eventually played by Andrew Garfield.
- In September 2023, actress Alexa Nikolas accused him of asking for n*des from her when they were in their teenage years.