|Laura Osnes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1985|
Laura Osnes is an American actor, singer, and producer who has gained popularity with her work on the Broadway stage. She has been cast as Sandy in Grease, Bonnie Parker in Bonnie and Clyde, Cinderella in Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Julie Jordan in Carousel, Nellie Forbush in South Pacific, Hope Harcourt in Anything Goes, and Julia Trojan in Bandstand. In addition to that, she has also appeared in shows and movies like Six by Sondheim, A Homecoming for the Holidays, Late Show with David Letterman, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, A Killer Party, Dynasty, Team Umizoomi, Elementary, One Royal Holiday, Fosse/Verdon, and In the Key of Love.
Laura Ann Osnes
Layo, Lossums, Os-someness, Losnes, Loss, L.A.O.
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Laura Osnes studied at Eagan High School and then attended the University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point for one year as a Musical Theatre major, before dropping out to pursue a professional career.
Actor, Singer, Producer
- Father – Russell Osnes
- Mother – Jane Osnes (Died in 2011)
- Others – Russell Ellsworth Osnes (Paternal Grandfather), Ardell Bresdahl/Brosdal (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Raduechel (Maternal Grandfather), Julia Ann Patterson (Maternal Grandmother)
Laura Osnes has been represented by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $2 Million.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laura Osnes has dated –
- Nathan Johnson – After dating for a while, her long-time boyfriend Nathan Johnson proposed to her on December 23, 2006, and they got married on May 11, 2007. They have a dog named Lyla.
Race / Ethnicity
Laura Osnes is of Norwegian, German, and British Isles descent.
- Slim, svelte physique
- Her eyes
Laura Osnes Facts
- She grew up in Eagan, a suburb of Saint Paul.
- For her performance as Bonnie Parker in Bonnie & Clyde, Laura Osnes won the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle Award for “Lead Performance in a Musical” and Broadway.com Audience Award for “Favorite Lead Actress in a Musical”. This role also got her nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Lead Actress in a Musical”.
- She was cast as Cinderella in Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella on Broadway and this role won her a Drama Desk Award for “Best Lead Actress in a Musical” and Broadway.com Audience Award for “Favorite Lead Actress in a Musical”. Additionally, this also got her nominated for a Tony Award for “Best Lead Actress in a Musical” as well as a Drama League Award for “Distinguished Performance”.
- In August 2021, Laura Osnes quit a concert production of Crazy For You at the Guild Hall in East Hampton, New York after the producers mandated COVID-19 vaccinations for performers. It was reported that she was fired from the projects but she later said that she chose to exit and defended her decision to not get vaccinated. Later, in August 2022, it was revealed that Laura had filed a lawsuit against The New York Post for defamation after the firing claims. She was seeking $5 million in damages.
Featured Image by D.Studio / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0