|Shreyas Talpade Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 27, 1976|
Shreyas Talpade is an Indian actor, voice actor, director, producer, and entrepreneur. He has been cast in a number of Hindi and Marathi films such as Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Golmaal Again, Simmba, Housefull 2, Joker, Aankhen, Iqbal, Revati, Apna Sapna Money Money, Dor, Aggar, Dil Dosti Etc, Poshter Boyz, Om Shanti Om, Bombay To Bangkok, Welcome to Sajjanpur, Dashavatar, Paying Guests, Baji, Aage Se Right, The Hangman, Click, Teen Thay Bhai, Mirch, Hum Tum Shabana, Will You Marry Me?, Kaun Pravin Tambe?, Pachadlela, Kamaal Dhamaal Malamaal, Sanai Choughade, Savarkhed: Ek Gaon, Bayo, Entertainment, Wah Taj, Great Grand Masti, and Bhaiaji Superhit.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shreyas Talpade studied at Shree Ram Welfare Society’s High School in Andheri West and later enrolled at Mithibai College in Vile Parle.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Others – Jayshree Talpade (Paternal Aunt) (Actor, Dancer), Meena Talpade (Paternal Aunt)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shreyas Talpade has dated –
- Deepti Talpade (2004-Present) – He got married to a psychiatrist named Deepti in the year 2004 and the couple has a daughter named Aadya Talpade.
Race / Ethnicity
He has done endorsement work for brands such as GoMechanic.
Shreyas Talpade Facts
- He played the titular role in the 2005 Hindi-language coming-of-age sports drama film Iqbal. This role won him the Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor – Critics” while he was also nominated for a Filmfare Award in the “Best Male Debut” category.
- In 2006, Shreyas Talpade appeared as Bahuroopiya in the Hindi-language drama film Dor and this earned him a Screen Award in the “Best Comedian” category.
- Alongside Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Arjun Rampal, Kirron Kher, and Nitesh Pandey, Shreyas Talpade co-starred as Pappu Master (Om Makhija’s friend) in the 2007 Hindi-language romantic thriller film Om Shanti Om. For this performance, he bagged the Stardust Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance – Male” and he also received a nomination for “Best Supporting Actor” at Filmfare Awards.
- He was seen as Mahadev Kushwaha (an unemployed graduate with a Bachelor of Arts) in the 2008 Hindi comedy film Welcome to Sajjanpur, a remake of the 1977 Hindi-language drama film Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein.
- Shreyas Talpade was cast as Jai Babani in the 2012 Hindi-language action comedy film Housefull 2. His co-stars for the project included Akshay Kumar, Asin, John Abraham, Riteish Deshmukh, Jacqueline Fernandez, Mithun Chakraborty, Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, Chunky Pandey, Zareen Khan, and Shazahn Padamsee.
- As a voice actor, Talpade provided vocals to the character of Timon in the Hindi dub of the 2019 American musical drama film The Lion King.
- He dubbed for Allu Arjun‘s character Pushpa Raj in the Hindi version of the 2021 Telugu-language action drama film Pushpa: The Rise.
- Shreyas Talpade was named as one amongst several other celebrities who were seen agreeing on camera to promote the agenda of parties on social media platforms in exchange for money in a series of sting operations carried out by Cobrapost (a non-profit Indian news website). The project was code-named Operation Karaoke.
- In 2021, he started appearing as Yashwardhan Indrajit Choudhary aka Yash in the Marathi romantic drama television series Mazhi Tuzhi Reshimgath. This role won him the Zee Marathi Awards for “Best Actor” and “Best Friend”.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0