|Nitesh Pandey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1973|
|Date of Death||May 24, 2023|
Nitesh Pandey was an Indian actor, theatre artist, and director. In 1990, he started doing theatre and appeared in a variety of shows which included Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara, Hero – Gayab Mode On, Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani, Maharaj Ki Jai Ho!, Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka, Indiawaali Maa, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Jaankhilavan Jasoos, Hum Ladkiyan, Sunaina, Justajoo, Manzilein Apani Apani, Tejas, and Saaya. Moreover, Nitesh Pandey had also been cast in several films such as Madaari, Dabangg 2, Om Shanti Om, Badhaai Do, Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Ha, Rangoon, Khosla Ka Ghosla, Hunterrr, Shaadi Ke Side Effects, Mickey Virus, Sins, and Baazi.
Nitesh Pandey was born on May 11, 1973.
Pandey died on May 24, 2023, at the age of 50 due to cardiac arrest at a hotel in Igatpuri, Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Theatre Artist, Director
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nitesh Pandey had dated –
- Ashwini Kalsekar (1998-2002) – In 1998, he got married to actor Ashwini Kalsekar but the duo eventually separated in 2002.
- Arpita Pandey (2003-2023) – Nitesh then got married for a 2nd time to television actor and writer Arpita Pandey in the year 2003. They have also worked together in the Zee TV soap opera Justajoo. Their relationship ended unexpectedly in May 2023, due to Nitesh’s death.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Often wore glasses
Nitesh Pandey Facts
- He appeared as Dr. Pranay, Rashmi’s 2nd husband, in the Hindi-language soap opera Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani from 2002 to 2006.
- Nitesh Pandey brought to life the character of Anwar Sheikh Mohammad, Om Kapoor’s assistant, in the Hindi-language musical romantic satirical fantasy comedy-drama film Om Shanti Om in 2007. He co-starred in the film alongside Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan, Asawari Joshi, Arjun Rampal, Shreyas Talpade, Kirron Kher, Yuvika Chaudhary, and others.
- In 2012, Pandey was cast as a doctor in the Hindi-language action comedy film Dabangg 2, a sequel to the 2010 film Dabangg.
- He was seen in the recurring role of Harish Kumar in the Star Plus drama series Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara from 2012 to 2014. The show starred Disha Parmar and Nakuul Mehta.
- Nitesh Pandey played the role of Sanjay Jagtap in the 2016 social thriller film Madaari, starring Irrfan Khan.
- In 2020, he portrayed the character of Dhritarashtra, the king of Hastinapur, in the television science fiction sitcom Maharaj Ki Jai Ho!
- Opposite Suchita Trivedi, Nitesh Pandey co-starred as Hasmukh ‘Hasu’ Gadhvi/Batuk Nath, Rohan’s father and Kaku’s husband, in the television drama series Indiawaali Maa between 2020 to 2021.
- He appeared as Prem Singh, Suman’s father, in the 2022 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Badhaai Do, starring Rajkummar Rao, Bhumi Pednekar, Sheeba Chaddha, and Chum Darang.
- Before death, he was last seen in the TV show Anupamaa where he played the role of Dheeraj Kapoor.
- Nitesh’s death news was revealed by his brother-in-law and producer, Siddharth Nagar.
- As per the reports, he didn’t have any history of heart ailments.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0