|Ashwini Kalsekar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 22, 1970|
Ashwini Kalsekar is an Indian actress who is widely recognized for having appeared in numerous Marathi films and TV shows like Sumbaran (2009) and Fu Bai Fu (2013) respectively. She has also been featured in various Hindi TV serials such as Jodha Akbar (2013-2014) and has starred in several movies including Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye (2009). Ashwini is the recipient of many accolades for instance the 7th Boroplus Gold Awards in 2014 for “Best Actress in Negative Role (Critics)”.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ashwini did her B.A. from Mumbai having graduated in 1991. She then pursued theatre from 1991 to 1994. From 1992 to 1993, she had studied under actress Neena Gupta to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. She has also received training in Kathak dance.
- Father – Anil Kalsekar (Bank Employee)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Nitesh Pandey (1998-2002) – She married actor, theatre artist, and director Nitesh in 1998 but the pair eventually divorced in 2002.
- Murali Sharma (2009-Present) – She tied the knot with film and television actor Murali in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pointed eyebrows
- Shapely lips
- High cheekbones
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as SteamUp Easy Cook.
Ashwini Kalsekar Favorite Things
- Breakfast – “Kachori Sabzi”
Source – Instagram
Ashwini Kalsekar Facts
- She has believed that it is the vision of the director that has given her work. She has claimed that whatever she has learned has been from television which has taught her everything about acting.
- Ashwini has been thrilled to have been accepted in both negative and positive characters in the 9.30 and 10 pm slots on the very same channel, for instance, Kasamh Se and Parivaar on Zee.
- Ashwini has revealed that she has been grateful to have got the scope to play the part of Jigyaasa Bali in the TV show Kasamh Se (2006-2007, 2008-2009) and that when she got the offer, she was doing K Street Pali Hill and had craved for a different kind of appearance. She has added that in real life too, she has worn big bindis and has found them to look good on her. She had admired the nose pins sported by Sridevi in Khuda Gawah after which she had got a heavy one from Rajasthan that had led to the nose pin look. As for the hair, a huge wig was at first being considered but she got relieved when her gelled back look from CID got finalized as she had found that the most comfortable. She has pointed out that overall comfort has made her concentrate on her work the best and get into the skin of her character more easily.
- Ashwini has admitted that she has been reluctant to see her own work as whenever she has done so, she has felt that she could have done her role in another even nicer way. She has discussed her performance with her husband Murli, without interfering in each other’s work. They have talked about how they could have been better and tried to keep learning from the previous experiences.
- Ashwini has cherished being a mother to her 2 dogs named Gabbar and Samba after which she has noticed that she did not need a king-size bed anymore, having fallen asleep sweetly along with them, anywhere.
Featured Image by Ashwini Kalsekar / Instagram