|Asin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Asin is an Indian actor, model, and dancer who worked in several Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, and Malayalam films, including Housefull 2, Bol Bachchan, Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka, Ghajini, Ready, Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi, London Dreams, Khiladi 786, Sivamani, M. Kumaran Son of Mahalakshmi, Majaa, Sivakasi, Lakshmi Narasimha, Gharshana, Dasavathaaram, All Is Well, Ullam Ketkumae, Chakram, Annavaram, Varalaru, Vel, Kaavalan, Aalwar, and Pokkiri. Her career started in the South Indian film industry and has been referred to as the “Queen of Kollywood”. For her contribution to Tamil cinema, she was honored with the Pride of South Indian Cinema award at SIIMA in 2013.
Queen of Kollywood, Mononymously, Kalaimamani Asin
Cochin, Kerala, India
Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Asin attended Naval Public School from L.K.G. through 10th standard. She then attended St. Teresa’s School, Kochi for her Plus One and Plus Two education. After that, she attended St. Teresa’s College for Women, Kochi, a college affiliated with MG University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature.
Model, Actor, Dancer
Her net worth has been $16 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Asin Thottumkal married Rahul Sharma, the co-founder of Micromax, in January 2016. The couple has a daughter Arin who was born on October 24, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
Fairever Fairness Cream, Lux Soap, Clinic All Clear Shampoo, Parachute Hair Oil, Colgate Maxfresh Toothpaste, Mirinda (soft drink), BIG 92.7 FM Radio station, Tanishq, Goldplus Jewellery, Tata Sky
Best Known For
Her Talent, personality, and of course her good looks
2001 film Narendran Makan Jayakanthan Vaka for her role as Swathi. It was a Malayalam language film. Then, her next film was a Telugu film in 2003. After that, she did many Tamil and Telugu films till 2008. Ghajini in 2008 was her first Hindi language film, which was a blockbuster hit. Ghajini was a remake of the 2005 Tamil film of the same name.
Asin doesn’t have a personal trainer. But for her role in the 2009 Hindi film “London Dreams”, her director Vipul Shah hired a personal trainer for her. Vipul wanted that she should shed some weight as she was playing the role of a singer in a band.
Asin Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Appam (a term equivalent to bread), Prawns with Kerala Rice
- Favorite Color – Black and Red
- Favorite Fruits – Apple, Banana, Jackfruit, and Mango
- Favorite Drink – Coconut Water
- Favorite Cuisine – India, Chinese, Thai, and Italian
- Favorite Restaurant – None (She says she doesn’t eat out)
- Favorite Outfit – Jeggings and T-Shirt
- Favorite Perfume – Very Irresistible from Givenchy
- If Asin weren’t an actor, she would have been in civil services.
- Asin Thottumkal’s first assignment was a BPL mobile TV commercial.
- Asin was once proposed by Subhaan (9 years old son of Sajid Nadiadwala).
- Most people like to speak just her first name, that is Asin, as they find it hard to speak her last name, especially people in North India.
- Asin word is formed by 2 combinations – “A” is from Sanskrit meaning “without” and “sin” is from English.
- She can speak 7 languages, which are Malayalam (Mother Tongue), Tamil, Telugu, English, Hindi, French, and Sanskrit.
- For her performance in the 2008 Hindi-language action thriller film Ghajini, she bagged the Filmfare Award for “Best Female Debut”, International Indian Film Academy Award for “Star Debut of the Year – Female”, Stardust Award for “Superstar of Tomorrow – Female”, and Screen Award for “Most Promising Newcomer – Female”.
- Asin has told that her name means “pure and without blemish”.
- Opposite Salman Khan, she co-starred as Sanjana Singh/Pooja Malhotra in the 2011 Hindi-language action comedy film Ready. This role got her nominated for a Screen Award for “Best Actress (Popular Choice)” and Stardust Award for “Best Comedy – Romance Actress”.
- Asin doesn’t like to drink coffee or tea. She mainly feeds herself water and milk.
- She is fond of reading books and has a huge collection of them.
- She says a small prayer every time, an ambulance passes by.
- Alongside Abhishek Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, and Supriya Pathak, she co-starred as Nimmi Bhalla in the 2015 Hindi-language romantic comedy-drama film All Is Well.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- Asin quit acting after she married Rahul Sharma.