|Emina Jahović Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Emina Jahović is a Serbian singer, songwriter, model, and actress who is regarded as one of the most popular and successful musical artists in Eastern Europe. Although her first studio album was released in 2002, she had shot to fame in 2009 with the release of her 3rd album titled Vila. She is also well recognized for starring as Lale Taşkıran Ilgaz in the Turkish drama TV series Lale Devri (2010-2011) and serving as a judge on the reality TV show X Factor Adria (2013).
Pop Princeza, Pop Diva, Srpska Diva, Fairy of the Balkans, Yaemina
Novi Pazar, Raška, Serbia
She splits her time between Belgrade, Serbia, and Istanbul, Turkey.
She holds dual nationality.
Emina had attended the Osnovna Škola ‘Meša Selimović’, a primary school in her hometown of Novi Pazar. She had also taken classical guitar lessons at the renowned Mokranjac Music School in Belgrade. She had then graduated with a degree in management from the Braća Karić ‘BK’ University in Belgrade.
Singer, Songwriter, Model, Actress
- Father – Nusret Jahović (Cardiothoracic Surgeon) (d. 1995)
- Mother – Senija Jahović (Pediatrician)
- Siblings – Sabina Jahović (Older Sister) (Child Psychiatrist), Mirsad Türkcan (né Jahović) (Older Brother) (Former Professional Basketball Player)
- Others – Tülin İleri (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Yusuf Sandal (Ex-Father-in-Law), Dina Džanković (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Model, Interior Architect, Fashion Designer, 2005 Miss Serbia and Montenegro), Naba Türkcan (Niece), Nusret Kaan Türkcan (Nephew), Karia Türkcan (Niece), Dušica Drljević (Sister-in-Law), Rejjan Mete (Nephew)
She is represented by –
- Aleksa Čokić, General Manager, RED Communication, Belgrade, Serbia
- Anja Stanišić Bokić, Booking Agent, Serbia
Pop, Rock, Electro, Disco, Dance, R&B
- City Records
- Croatia Records
- Doğan Music Production
- Multimedia Records
- Sony Music Entertainment
- Hayat Production
- Poll Production
- Seyhan Müzik
- Yada Prodüksiyon
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Emina has dated –
- Mustafa Sandal (2004–2018) – Emina began dating Turkish singer and songwriter Mustafa Sandal in July 2004 after meeting him in Bodrum, Turkey. They got married on January 13, 2008, in a ceremony at the Hôtel Les Ottomans à Istanbul. They have 2 sons together named Yaman Sandal (b. August 8, 2008) and Yavuz Sandal (b. February 21, 2012). After nearly a decade of marriage, the celebrity couple got divorced in 2018, citing irreconcilable differences.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Bosniak descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Cryptic smile
Emina has served as the brand ambassador for the fashion brands –
She has been featured in the TV commercials for Turkcell, a leading mobile phone operator in Turkey.
Emina Jahović Facts
- She had started playing basketball when she was in the 6th grade but was told to stop playing the sport by her mother when she had turned 13, as she was too thin.
- In high school, she would participate in several theatre plays and had honed her vocal talents as some of those roles had required her to sing.
- Her older brother, Mirsad Türkcan (né Jahović), had played a key role in her early career as he had financially helped to jump-start her recording activities. He had moved from Serbia to Turkey to play professional basketball, had played for the Turkish national team, and had eventually become the first Turkish basketball player to play in the NBA.
- She had once turned down an offer to feature in a promotional campaign for one of Turkey’s leading lingerie companies as she did not want to tarnish her brother’s family-friendly image in that country.
- She is proficient in the Bosnian, English, and Turkish languages, and can also speak a bit of Bulgarian and Slovenian.
Featured Image by Emina Jahović / Instagram