|Trent Boult Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1989|
Trent Boult is a New Zealand international cricketer. Apart from that, he also plays as a bowler for Northern Districts in New Zealand’s domestic cricket. He is best known for holding records such as being named 4th test bowler after Richard Hadlee, Chris Martin, and Iain O’Brien to take 30+ wickets in consecutive years. The cricketer has made a strong fan base for himself and has more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Trent Alexander Boult
Rotorua, New Zealand
Mt. Maunganui, New Zealand
Trent attended Otumoetai College.
- Father – Ian Boult
- Mother – Wendy Boult
- Siblings – Jono Boult (Younger Brother) (Cricketer)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Trent has dated –
- Gert Smith – Trent got engaged to his long-time partner Gert Smith in June 2016. They tied the knot in August 2017. The wedding took place at Kauri Bay Boomrock in a private ceremony. They have 3 children together – all boys and live at Mt. Maunganui.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Māori descent.
- Thin Lips
- Long Neck
Trent has done endorsement work for Barrett Homes.
Best Known For
Being a New Zealand international cricketer and 4th test bowler after Richard Hadlee, Chris Martin and Iain O’Brien to take 30+ wickets in consecutive years
Trent Boult made his debut in Test Match on December 9, 2011, against Australia.
Trent Boult made his first appearance in ODI on July 11, 2012, against West Indies.
Trent keeps in shape by working out on a regular basis. Being a sportsperson, he also trains hard to achieve a certain amount of consistency. As per his coach, Shane Jurgensen ‘key to Boult’s consistency has been his fitness’.
Trent Boult Favorite Things
- Childhood Idol – Wasim Akram
Source – Wikipedia
Trent Boult Facts
- Trent’s international career began when he was made part of the New Zealand A team on their winter training tour in 2007 and took 2 wickets for 28 runs.
- After that, he went on to play for the Under-19 World Cup in February 2008.
- At the age of 19, he was chosen to play for the New Zealand team for the one-day series against Australia in January 2009 and he was declared the bowler with the highest speed touring with the New Zealand team at a speed rate of 143.3 km/h.
- He was named 4th test bowler since Richard Hadlee, Chris Martin, and Iain O’Brien to take 30+ wickets in consecutive years in 2013.
- Trent attracted a lot of attention after being New Zealand’s highest wicket-taker at the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2015.
- After the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, he became part of the Indian Premier League when the Hyderabad-based team Sunrisers Hyderabad purchased him for an estimated amount of $600,000.
- Later in February 2017, Trent was taken by the IPL’s Kolkata-based team Kolkata Knight Riders for an estimated 5 crores.
- In the June of 2019, he began playing for the Toronto Nationals franchise team in the Global T20 Canada tournament.
- Trent has the ability to swing the ball both ways and as a bowler is known for his inswinger to the right-hander.
- New Zealand’s former captain Jeremy Coney revealed in a radio interview in 2013, that according to him, Trent was New Zealand’s ‘best bowling discovery’ after Shane Bond.
- In February 2022, during IPL 2022 mega auction, Trent was purchased by Rajasthan Royals for INR 8 crore (or INR 80 million).
- In June 2022, he set the new world record of scoring the most runs while batting at no. 11 in Test cricket. In the second innings of New Zealand against England, he scored 17 runs and took his total runs to 640 surpassing ex-Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan who has scored 623 runs at no. 11.
- In August 2022, Trent Boult gave up his New Zealand central contract in order to spend more time with his family. At that time, he was the world’s #1 bowler.
Featured Image by David Molloy / Flickr / CC BY 2.0