|Vladimir Putin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1952|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Vladimir Putin is a Russian politician who is best known for having served as the president of Russia as well as the prime minister of Russia. He has also been honored with several notable distinctions like Légion d’honneur by France, Order of Friendship by China, and Order of Abdulaziz al Saud by Saudi Arabia.
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin
Leningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union (now Saint Petersburg, Russia)
Novo-Ogaryovo, Moscow, Russia
Vladimir Putin got enrolled at Leningrad State University (later Saint Petersburg State University) in 1970 and studied Law. Later, he graduated from the university in 1975 and his thesis was on “The Most Favored Nation Trading Principle in International Law”.
He also attended Saint Petersburg Mining Institute.
President of Russia, Politician
- Father – Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin (Conscript in the Soviet Navy) (d. August 1999)
- Mother – Maria Ivanovna Putina (née Shelomova) (Factory Worker) (d. 1998)
- Siblings – Viktor Putin (Older Brother) (d. 1942), Albert Putin (Older Brother) (Deceased)
- Others – Spiridon Ivanovich Putin (Paternal Grandfather) (Personal Cook to Former Heads of the Government of the Soviet Union – Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin) (d. 1965), Olga Putina (Paternal Grandmother) (d. 1976), Ivan Petrovich Putin (Paternal Great Grandfather) (d. November 1918), Praskovya Golubeva (Paternal Great Grandmother), Julia Timofeevna Chursanova (Paternal Great Grandmother), Ivan Chursanov (Paternal Great Grandfather) (d. 1913), Anna Putina (Paternal Aunt), Mikhail Spiridonovich Putin (Paternal Uncle), Alexander Spiridonovich Putin (Paternal Uncle), Ulyana Petrovna Buyanova (née Kamachkina) (Maternal Great Grandmother) (d. May 1930), Aleksey Aleksandrovich Buyanov (Maternal Great Grandfather) (d. August 1918), Elizaveta Alekseevna Shelomova (Maternal Grandmother) (d. November 1941), Anastasia Mikhailovna Shelomova (Maternal Great Grandmother) (d. October 1918), Andrey Alekseyevich Shelomov (Maternal Great Grandfather) (d. December 1918), Pyotr Ivanovich Shelomov (Maternal Uncle), Alexander Abramovich Shkrebnev (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Former Worker at Kaliningrad Mechanical Plant), Yekaterina Tikhonovna Shkrebneva (Ex-Mother-in-Law), Olga Alexandrovna Tsomayeva (Ex-Sister-in-Law), Jorrit Faassen (Ex-Son-in-Law) (Businessman), Yevgeny Nagorny (Son-in-Law) (Works at the Russian Oil and Gas Company Novatek), Igor Putin (Cousin) (Businessman, Politician, Former Vice-President of Master Bank, a private bank in Moscow), Kirill Shamalov (Ex-Son-in-Law) (Businessman) (Vice-President and Director of Sibur Holding, a Russian gas processing and petrochemicals company headquartered in Moscow)
Vladimir Putin is managed by the Presidential Administration of Russia.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vladimir Putin has dated –
- Lyudmila Shkrebneva (1983-2014) – He married Lyudmila Putina on July 28, 1983, and they were blessed with 2 daughters, namely, Maria Vorontsova (née Mariya Vladimirovna Putina) (b. April 28, 1985, in Leningrad) and Katerina Tikhonova (née Yekaterina Vladimirovna Putina) (b. August 31, 1986, in Dresden, East Germany). However, after being married for around 30 years, their marriage collapsed and the news of their divorce was confirmed on April 1, 2014. He has 2 grandsons through Maria.
- Alina Kabaeva – In April 2008, a Russian newspaper called the Moskovsky Korrespondent reported that he was engaged with Russian politician, media executive, and former rhythmic gymnast Alina Kabaeva. The story was denied and the newspaper was shut down. However, in the subsequent years, the status of this relationship became a topic of intense speculation all over the world. Alina was among the 6 Russian torchbearers who had been selected to carry the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Her selection had generated controversy in the international media because of her alleged relationship with Putin. In March 2015, she was reported to have given birth to a daughter in Ticino, Switzerland. In 2019, she reportedly gave birth to twin sons in Moscow. The Swiss newspaper SonntagsZeitung reported in 2022 that a Swiss gynecologist of Russian origin had assisted both births. The report alleged that the first birth in 2015 was of a boy and the second in 2019 was of another boy and that both were Putin’s sons. After the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, the United States Department of the Treasury had proposed sanctions against her. However, the United States government had withheld those sanctions, in view of her alleged relationship with Putin, to avoid further escalation of tensions between Russia and the United States.
- Pamela Anderson (2012)
- Wendi Murdoch (2016)
- Alisa Kharcheva (2016)
- Viktoriya Lopyreva (2018)
Race / Ethnicity
Vladimir Putin is of Russian descent.
- Receding hairline
- Impactful personality
- Recognizable voice
- Often performs highly staged public image stunts
- Tough and sharp language
Vladimir Putin is a Russian Orthodox.
Vladimir Putin’s Favorite Things
- Sport – Judo
- Movie – Shchit i mech
Vladimir Putin Facts
- At the age of 11, he had started practicing judo and then switched to Russian martial art called sambo at 14.
- He has been involved in martial arts throughout his life and holds a black belt in judo.
- In the year 2007, TIME magazine named him as its “Person of the Year” and he was again included in the magazine’s list of “100 Most Influential People in the World” in April 2014.
- Vladimir Putin has often included the Russian criminal jargon (fenya) in his conversations and speeches.
- He has several pet dogs including a Šarplaninac named Pasha and an Akita Inu named Yume.
- Vladimir has received honorary doctorates from Athens University and the University of Belgrade.
- He has often been described as a dictator and autocrat and his 3rd term as the president became unpopular among a growing number of Russians.
- In March 2022, Putin introduced a law wherein anyone producing ‘fake news’ about the Russian army could face jail for up to 15 years. This law was introduced amid the Russia-Ukraine war. Immediately after this law, BBC, Bloomberg, and CNN temporarily stopped their operations in Russia.
- In 2022, after the Russia-Ukraine war had started, Putin, who is a black belt in judo, was suspended as the Honorary President and Ambassador of the International Judo Federation.
- In 2004, he had co-authored a book in English on judo titled Judo: History, Theory, Practice.
- In May 2022, he underwent cancer surgery which was actually scheduled for April 2022. During his absence, he appointed former KGB chief Nikolai Patrushev to take decisions in his place.
- In August 2022, Putin announced that he would be awarding $16,000 to those mothers who would give birth to 10 or more children and raise them. As soon as her 10th kid turns 1, she would be awarded nearly $16,000 (or 1 million rubles).
- In September 2022, it was revealed by the General GVR Telegram channel that Putin’s limousine was attacked in an assassination attempt.
- In 2017, as per Putin himself, he survived a minimum of 5 assassination attacks.
- In October 2022, on Putin’s 70th birthday, he received a Belarusian tractor from Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko as a birthday gift.
- In December 2022, a village in England unveiled a statue of Vladimir Putin with a p*nis-like head and named the statue ‘Bellend of the Year’. People also threw eggs at that statue.
- In January 2023, Putin lost his cool and was seen scolding Deputy Prime Minister Denis Manturov during a meeting broadcast on state TV as Putin wanted Denis to work fast on the country’s aircraft contracts so that they could be signed quickly.
Featured Image by Presidential Press and Information Office / Kremlin.ru / CC BY 3.0