|Alina Kabaeva Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1983|
Alina Kabaeva is a Russian politician, media executive, and former rhythmic gymnast who is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest rhythmic gymnasts of all time. Over the course of her highly proficient career, she had won 2 medals at the Olympic Games (1 ‘Gold’ and 1 ‘Bronze’), 14 medals at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships (9 ‘Gold’, 3 ‘Silver’, and 2 ‘Bronze’), 21 medals at the Rhythmic Gymnastics European Championships (15 ‘Gold’, 3 ‘Silver’, and 3 ‘Bronze’), 3 ‘Gold’ medals at the European Team Gymnastics Championships, 6 medals at the FIG (Fédération Internationale de Gymnastique) World Cup Finals (5 ‘Gold’ and 1 ‘Silver’), and 6 medals at the Rhythmic Gymnastics Grand Prix Finals (4 ‘Gold’, 1 ‘Silver’, and 1 ‘Bronze’). She had retired from the sport in 2007 and later that year, had become a member of the State Duma, the lower house of the Federal Assembly of Russia, a position she had held until 2014. In September 2014, she had been appointed the chairperson of the board of directors of the National Media Group, the largest Russian media conglomerate.
Alina Maratovna Kabaeva
Lina, The Most Elastic Woman in Russia, The Secret First Lady
Tashkent, Uzbek Soviet Socialist Republic, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR)
Alina had attended the Russian State University of Tourism and Service, a public university (in Russia and CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) countries) that provides higher education in tourism and services studies, in the mid-2000s. Thereafter, she studied at The Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport, and Health, a university in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Politician, Media Executive, Rhythmic Gymnast (Retired)
- Father – Marat Kabayev (Soccer Coach, Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Lyubov Kabaeva (Former Basketball player)
- Siblings – Lyasana ‘Leysan’ Kabaeva (Younger Sister) (General Director of a Real Estate Agency, Former Judge of the Almetyevsk City Court in Tatarstan, a Republic of Russia)
Alina Kabaeva’s net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alina has dated –
- David Museliani (2002–2005) – Alina had started dating a policeman named David Museliani in 2002. They got engaged in 2004 but had parted ways by 2005.
- Vladimir Putin – In April 2008, a Russian newspaper called the Moskovsky Korrespondent reported that Alina was engaged to Russian politician Vladimir Putin who was the President of Russia at that time. The story was denied and the newspaper was shut down. However, in the subsequent years, the status of this relationship became a topic of intense speculation all over the world. Alina was among the 6 Russian torchbearers who had been selected to carry the Olympic flame during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Her selection had generated controversy in the international media because of her alleged relationship with Putin. In March 2015, she was reported to have given birth to a daughter in Ticino, Switzerland. In 2019, she reportedly gave birth to twin sons in Moscow. The Swiss newspaper SonntagsZeitung reported in 2022 that a Swiss gynecologist of Russian origin had assisted both births. The report alleged that the first birth in 2015 was of a boy and the second in 2019 was of another boy and that both were Putin’s sons. After the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, the United States Department of the Treasury had proposed sanctions against her. However, the United States government had withheld those sanctions, given her alleged relationship with Putin, to avoid further escalation of tensions between Russia and the United States.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Tatar descent on her father’s side and Russian descent on her mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Cheerful smile
- Gleaming face
Alina Kabaeva Facts
- Alina, owing to her father’s sports career, had spent her childhood shuttling between different cities in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Russia.
- In 2001, she had been featured in the Japanese samurai film, Red Shadow, performing a gymnastics routine.
- She had been featured on the cover of the January 2011 edition of Vogue Russia.
- In 2015, she was an honorary guest at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships held in Stuttgart, Germany.
- In 2017, she was the official FIG Rhythmic Gymnastics Ambassador at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships held in Pesaro, Italy.
Featured Image by Alina Kabaeva / Instagram