|Kelly McCreary Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1981|
Kelly McCreary is an American actress who is best known for portraying characters such as Kelly in the animated educational children’s TV series Cyberchase (2005–2010), Yvonne in the police procedural drama TV series White Collar (2009–2011), Tyra Dupre in the medical drama TV series Emily Owens, M.D. (2012–2013), Clare Tucker in the political thriller TV series Scandal (2013–2014), and Dr. Maggie Pierce in the popular medical drama TV series Grey’s Anatomy (2014–Present). She had reprised the last of those characters in a spin-off action-drama TV series called Station 19 (2018–2019). She is also well recognized for her work in films such as Being Flynn (2011), How to Follow Strangers (2013), and Life (2015). Besides films and TV series, she has acted in numerous theatre productions, the medium through which she had made her acting debut, throughout her career.
Kelly J. McCreary
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kelly, at the age of 17, had moved to New York City to study acting at the Barnard College, a private women’s liberal arts college and an affiliate of the Columbia University, a private Ivy League research university in New York City.
Before graduating from there in 2003, she had also spent a semester at the British American Drama Academy, a drama school in London. She had undergone further training at the Chautauqua Conservatory Theatre Company and The Actor’s Center in New York City.
- Father – Geoffrey McCreary
- Mother – Mary McCreary
- Siblings – Crystal McCreary (Older Sister) (Actress)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly has dated –
- Pete Chatmon (2017-Present) – Kelly had started dating American director Pete Chatmon in 2017 after they had first met on the sets of Grey’s Anatomy, earlier that year. The couple got engaged in January 2019 and got married on May 7, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Petite frame
- Frizzy, curly, neck-length hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Plump lips
Kelly McCreary Facts
- She had developed an interest in acting when she was in 4th grade and as a consequence, her parents had enrolled her in middle and high schools that provided an emphasis on arts education. She had made her first stage appearance in a sixth-grade school musical.
- While she was studying at Barnard College, she had been featured in numerous stage productions at the Minor Latham Playhouse. In her junior year, she had worked on Columbia University’s ‘Varsity Show’, one of the oldest traditions of the institution and its oldest performing arts presentation. She had also managed to work in few commercials before her graduation.
- Post her graduation, she used to live in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City so that she could work part-time at Barnard College’s alumnae affairs office and, in parallel, continue to attend auditions and perform in plays.
- However, during this phase, she had become so upset by the lack of success in films and TV series that she had temporarily quit acting. She had then moved to Spain where she used to work on a farm.
Featured Image by Kelly McCreary / Instagram