|Katerina Tikhonova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1986|
Katerina Tikhonova is a Russian scientist and former acrobatic dancer who has served as the head of the Innopraktika Company which unites the work of the National Intellectual Development Foundation (NIDF) and the National Intellectual Reserve Centre (NIRC) – initiatives of the Moscow State University, a public research university in Moscow. She has also served as the deputy director of the Institute for Mathematical Research of Complex Systems at the university. In February 2020, she has been appointed the head of a new artificial intelligence institute at the university.
Yekaterina Vladimirovna Putina
Katerina Tikhonova, Katya/Katja
Dresden, Saxony, Germany
Katerina had attended Peterschule, a primary and secondary school in Saint Petersburg, Russia. She had later studied at the German School Moscow, a German-language private school in Moscow. After her high school graduation, she joined Saint Petersburg State University, a public research university in Saint Petersburg. She graduated from there in June 2009, majoring in Asian studies.
Katerina had later studied at Moscow State University, graduating from there with a specialization in Japanese studies. She also holds a master’s degree in physics and mathematics which she attained in May 2019 by defending her dissertation titled ‘Mathematical Problems of Correcting the Activity of Vestibular Mechanoreceptors’.
Scientist, Acrobatic Dancer (Retired)
- Father – Vladimir Putin (Politician, Former Intelligence Officer, Prime Minister of Russia from 1999-2000 and 2008-2012; President of Russia from 2000-2008 and then since 2012)
- Mother – Lyudmila Aleksandrovna Ocheretnaya (née Shkrebneva) (Linguist, Former Flight Attendant, Former Professor at the Department of Philology of the Leningrad State University, Former First Lady of Russia)
- Siblings – Maria Vorontsova (née Mariya Vladimirovna Putina) (Older Sister) (Pediatric Endocrinologist)
- Others – Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin (Paternal Grandfather) (Conscript in the Soviet Navy) (d. August 1999), Maria Ivanovna Putina (née Shelomova) (Paternal Grandmother) (Factory Worker) (d. 1998), Viktor Putin (Paternal Uncle) (d. 1942), Albert Putin (Paternal Uncle) (Deceased), Spiridon Ivanovich Putin (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Personal Cook to Former Heads of the Government of the Soviet Union – Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin) (d. 1965), Olga Putina (Paternal Great Grandmother) (d. 1976), Ivan Petrovich Putin (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (d. November 1918), Praskovya Golubeva (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Julia Timofeevna Chursanova (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Ivan Chursanov (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (d. 1913), Anna Putina (Paternal Grand Aunt), Mikhail Spiridonovich Putin (Paternal Grand Uncle), Alexander Spiridonovich Putin (Paternal Grand Uncle), Ulyana Petrovna Buyanova (née Kamachkina) (Paternal Great Great Grandmother) (d. May 1930), Aleksey Aleksandrovich Buyanov (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (d. August 1918), Elizaveta Alekseevna Shelomova (Paternal Great Grandmother) (d. November 1941), Anastasia Mikhailovna Shelomova (Paternal Great Great Grandmother) (d. October 1918), Andrey Alekseyevich Shelomov (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (d. December 1918), Pyotr Ivanovich Shelomov (Paternal Grand Uncle), Alexander Abramovich Shkrebnev (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Worker at Kaliningrad Mechanical Plant), Yekaterina Tikhonovna Shkrebneva (Maternal Grandmother), Olga Alexandrovna Tsomayeva (Maternal Aunt), Nikolay Shamalov (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Dentist, Former Medical Equipment Salesperson, Businessman, Co-Owner of Rossiya Bank, a Russian Joint Stock Bank), Yuri Shamalov (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Business Executive, Deputy Chairman on the Supervisory Board of JSC Gazprombank, a Privately-Owned Russian Bank), Jorrit Faassen (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Businessman), Yevgeny Nagorny (Brother-in-Law) (Works at the Russian Oil and Gas Company Novatek), Artur Ocheretny (Step-Father), Igor Putin (Cousin Uncle) (Businessman, Politician, Former Vice-President of Master Bank, a private bank in Moscow). She has 2 nephews.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katerina has dated –
- Kirill Shamalov (2013-2018) – Katerina got married to Russian businessman Kirill Shamalov in February 2013 in a ceremony held in Igora, a small ski resort near Sosnovo in the Leningrad Oblast. It was reported in January 2018 that they had parted ways. Kirill has served as the vice-president and a director of Sibur Holding, a Russian gas processing and petrochemicals company headquartered in Moscow. He had also once served as an economic advisor to the Russian government.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Katerina Tikhonova Facts
- Born in Dresden, which was then a part of East Germany, as her father was posted there at that time, Katerina and her family had returned to their native Russia in the spring of 1991. They had settled in Leningrad (now known as Saint Petersburg).
- A few years later, when the Tambov Gang was trying to take control of Saint Petersburg’s energy trade leading to several violent gang wars, she and her older sister Maria had been moved, temporarily, to Germany. There, the sisters’ legal guardian was Matthias Warnig, who had worked with their father in Dresden as part of a KGB (the main security agency for the Soviet Union from March 1954 until December 1991) cell.
- To maintain her privacy and ensure that she could lead a life out of the limelight, she changed her name from Yekaterina Vladimirovna Putina to Katerina Tikhonova. She had done this by shortening her first name and taking the patronymic name of her maternal grandmother, Yekaterina Tikhonovna Shkrebneva, as her new surname.
- In the mid and late 2000s, she had developed an interest in acrobatic rock’n’roll, a non-Olympic sport in which there were barely about 200 athletes in the world rankings. She and her partner in the sport, Ivan Klimov, had stood 5th at a 2013 world championship event held in Switzerland. They had also finished 2nd at the Russian Championship in 2014.
- Her participation is said to have popularized the sport in Russia and she went on to serve as the Vice-President for Expansion & Marketing at the World Rock’n’Roll Confederation (WRRC), an umbrella organization for national professional and amateur Rock’n’Roll dancesport federations.
- In December 2019, she had been made a member of the Council for the Development of Physical Culture and Mass Sports under the Government of the Russian Federation.
Featured Image by Katerina Tikhonova / Instagram