|Brendan Schaub Quick Info
|6 ft 4 in
|Date of Birth
|March 18, 1983
Brendan Schaub is an American stand-up comedian, podcast host, and former professional mixed martial artist who had competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) between 2009 and 2014. After retiring from mixed martial arts in 2015, he began a career in stand-up comedy and had released his first comedy special, titled You’d Be Surprised, in 2019. He has also hosted/co-hosted multiple podcasts including The Fighter and The Kid, Big Brown Breakdown, BELOW THE BELT, and King and the Sting.
Brendan Peter Schaub
Big Brown, The Hybrid, The Sting
Aurora, Colorado, United States
Venice Beach, Los Angeles, California, United States
Brendan had attended Overland High School in his hometown of Aurora. After his high school graduation, he had joined Whittier College, a private liberal arts college in Whittier, California.
Before his junior year, he had taken a transfer to the University of Colorado Boulder, a public research university in Boulder, Colorado. He had graduated from there in 2005.
Stand-up Comedian, Podcast Host, Professional Mixed Martial Artist (Retired)
- Father – Peter Schaub
- Mother – Debra Schaub
- Siblings – Jay Schaub (Brother)
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
Brendan Schaub’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brendan has dated –
- Ronda Rousey (2013-2014)
- Joanna Zanella (2014-Present) – Brendan had started dating actress, sports presenter, and entrepreneur Joanna Zanella in 2014. They got engaged in 2017 and have 2 sons together named Tiger Pax Schaub (b. February 2016) and Boston Schaub (b. 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German and Italian descent on his father’s side and English descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has his right hand, right side, and left arm covered in tattoos
Brendan has been sponsored by –
- Big Rentals Construction Company
- Reign Training Center
- Box N Burn Gym
- Soul Electronics
- Alchemist Management
Brendan Schaub Facts
- Brendan, during his high school years, had lettered 2 years in varsity lacrosse and one year in varsity American football. Although he had received no college athletic scholarship offers, he had tried out for both the football team and the lacrosse team at Whittier College.
- He was accepted to both those programs but had taken a transfer to the University of Colorado Boulder before his junior year. The decision was taken so that he could play collegiate football full-time but he had redshirted his first season there.
- After his college graduation, he had declared for the 2006 NFL Draft but was undrafted. He was later signed up by the Buffalo Bills but was released before the start of the regular season. He had then signed up with the Arena Football League‘s Utah Blaze team. He had eventually retired from the sport in 2007.
- He had then returned to his home state of Colorado where he began training in boxing and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Just 6 months later, he had started competing in amateur boxing and had won the Colorado (novice-division) Golden Gloves heavyweight title. He soon began a professional career in mixed martial arts, starting his journey with a 4–0 win-loss record. He went on to win the heavyweight title at the Ring of Fire organization.
- He had joined the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2009. After 5 years of inconsistent results, he had lost a fight against Travis Browne in the first round, via TKO (punches), in December 2014. A few days later, his friend and UFC commentator Joe Rogan had advised him, during a podcast, that he should retire from mixed martial arts and pursue a career in comedy. On October 10, 2015, on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast, Brendan had announced his retirement from mixed martial arts.
- In a January 2017 episode of his podcast Big Brown Breakdown, he had stirred a controversy by stating that he felt that the UFC On Fox panel of presenters had been selected based on race, rather than merit, just for the sake of ‘appearing diverse’.
- He holds a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Featured Image by Brendan Schaub / Instagram