|Ronda Rousey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1987|
Ronda Rousey is an American actor, professional wrestler, retired mixed martial artist, judoka, producer, writer, and voice artist. Best known for her time in UFC as well as for her stint as a WWE wrestler, she became the first American woman to earn an Olympic medal in judo by winning bronze at the 2008 Summer Olympics and the first female fighter to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in 2018. Moreover, she is the first woman to win a championship in both the UFC and WWE as well as the first woman to headline a pay-per-view event in both companies. Fox Sports has described her as “one of the defining athletes of the 21st century” and she was voted the best female athlete of all time in a 2015 ESPN fan poll. In addition to that, she has also been cast in several shows and movies in roles like Luna in the action film The Expendables 3, Sam Snow in the action thriller film Mile 22, Gallus Mag in the Comedy central educational comedy series Drunk History, Fight Instructor in the action comedy film Charlie’s Angels, Lena Bosko in the procedural series 9-1-1, Devon Penberthy in the crime drama series Blindspot, and Kara in the action film Furious 7.
Ronda Jean Rousey
Rowdy, The Rowdy One, Rowdy Ronda, The Arm Collector
Riverside County, California, United States
Venice, California, United States
Ronda Rousey was homeschooled for a part during her elementary school days. She attended the high school in Jamestown, North Dakota but dropped out before graduation. She later cleared her GED tests which certify her high school-level academic skills.
Retired Mixed Martial Artist, Judoka, Actor, Professional Wrestler, Producer, Writer, Voice Artist
4th Degree Black Belt in Judo
- Father – Ron Rousey
- Mother – AnnMaria DeMars (nee Waddell) (Winner of World Judo Championship 1984)
- Siblings – Julia DeMars (Younger Sister), Maria Burns-Ortiz (Older Sister), Jennifer Rousey (Older Sister)
- Others – Dennis DeMars (Step-father), John Edward Rousey (Paternal Grandfather), Jean Orvetta Zifka (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Arthur Waddell (Maternal Grandfather), Marcella Ann Austin (Maternal Grandmother)
Ronda Rousey has been signed with Glendale Fighting Club, California and has been managed by Darin Harvey of Fight Tribe, MMA.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $13 Million.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 135 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ronda Rousey has dated –
- Timothy DiGorrio (2012-2013) – After meeting the fellow martial artist, Timothy DiGorrio in 2012 in LA, California, Ronda started dating him. They were together for a year before calling it quits in 2013.
- Brendan Schaub (2013-2014) – From 2013 to 2014, she was romantically linked with the retired mixed martial artist, Brendan Schaub.
- Travis Browne (2015-Present) – She had started dating mixed martial artist Travis Browne in 2015. Travis competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship as a heavyweight. They had announced their engagement in April 2017 after he had proposed to her under a waterfall in New Zealand. The couple got married on August 26, 2017, in Hawaii. In April 2021, they had announced on her official YouTube channel that Ronda was 4 months pregnant with their first child, a baby girl. In September 2021, the couple welcomed a baby girl named La’akea Makalapuaokalanipō Browne.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Venezuelan and Afro-Venezuelan ancestry on her mother’s side. She also has English and Polish ancestry.
- Mole under left eye
- Signature armbar
- Trash talking
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Ronda Rousey has appeared in the TV commercial for Metro PCS phone in 2013. She has also appeared as ‘Insureon Protector’ for the Insurance agency Insureon.
The mixed martial art champion was also signed by Reebok in 2014.
Ronda Rousey has not voiced her views about religion in public. However, she has shown hints of anti-religion at some places which further dissolve any religious attachment on her part.
Best Known For
Ronda Rousey is best known for being the first UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion and also an Olympic medal winner in Judo at the Summer Olympics in Beijing, 2008.
As a Judoka, Ronda Rousey first joined the United States Olympic Team at the age of 15. However, she won her first gold medal in World Junior and Pan American Judo Championship in 2004.
As a mixed martial art debutant, she fought against Hayden Munoz on August 6, 2010, and defeated her.
- Grounds opponent with tosses and sweeps
- Finishes fight with strikes or submissions
- Top position – attacks with punches from side control
- Rear position – Secures back mount and hurls head strikes
- Uses signature armbar
- Uses jabs, knees, and overhand rights while standing
Ronda Rousey has first appeared as Luna in the 2014 ensemble action film The Expendables 3.
She has also played Kara in Furious 7 (2015), and as herself in the comedy-drama film Entourage (2015).
Ronda Rousey has been trained by Gokor Chivichyan of the Hayastan MMA Academy. She joined the Glendale Fighting Club after retiring from Judo in 2008 at the age of 21. She is now being trained by Edmond Tarverdyan of the Glendale Fighting Club.
During her Judoka days, she was guided by Jimmy Pedro of the Olympic Training Center in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
The mixed martial arts champion has also trained with Romanian Leo Frîncu and Gene Lebell. She is a part of Team Hayastan and trains with fighters such as Manny Gamburyan, Karen Darabedyan, Karo Parisyan, and Sako Chivitchian.
Ronda Rousey Favorite Things
- Timepass – Video Game
- Sports – Professional Wrestling
- Animation – Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon
- Pokemon Character – Mew
- Video Game – World of Warcraft, Mario Kart, Just Dance
- Sketch Subject – Sea Life
- Toy – Wrestling Buddy of Hulk Hogan
Source – ESPN.Go.com, Wikipedia.org, IMDb.com
Ronda Rousey Facts
- She is a part of the teams, Glendale Fighting Club, Gokor Hayastan Academy, and SK Golden Boys.
- She has been placed at the number 1 position at 135 lbs according to the Unified Women’s MMA Rankings.
- The magazine Fight Matrix has listed her at #1 spot for three categories – Current Women’s MMA Bantamweight Fighter, Current Pound for Pound Women’s MMA Fighter, Women’s MMA Fighter of all time.
- During her birth, Rousey nearly died due to a tie with the umbilical cord on her neck which created her a lack of oxygen. She sustained slight brain damage that delayed her ability to speak until the age of 6.
- Rousey had a turbulent childhood with her father committing suicide after learning that he would be a paraplegic and would die soon. She was only 8 years old, by then.
- In 2015, Rousey had raised money by auctioning signed t-shirts for the Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation which aims at saving tigers from circuses and zoos and provide them with the best lifestyle.
- Rousey tried her hand in modeling when she appeared nude on the cover page and a pictorial in the 2012 Body Issue of ESPN, the Magazine.
- The May 2015 issue of Business Insider ranked Rousey as the first among the list of 50 most dominant athletes alive.
- Rousey has also taught martial arts at Dynamic MMA in Venice, California, United States in the past.
- In November 2015, she was hospitalized when she was knocked out (K.O.) by Holly Holm in a UFC fight. Ronda had her lip busted.
- Apart from being an MMA fighter, she also employs herself as a storyline consultant for the educational video game company, 7 Generation Games.
- The autobiography ‘My Fight/ Your Fight’ has been penned by Rousey and her sister Maria Burns Ortiz and was released in May 2015.
- After she made an appearance at the Royal Rumble match in January 2018, it was revealed that she had signed a full-time contract with WWE.