|Travis Browne Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1982|
Travis Browne is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2010. As of April 2021, he had won 7 UFC Bonus Awards – ‘Knockout of the Night’ (four times), ‘Fight of the Night’ (twice), and ‘Submission of the Night’ (once). He had started his professional career in 2009, fighting in organizations such as Bellator Fighting Championships, Gladiator Challenge, and King of the Cage. Before joining UFC, he had put together an undefeated winning streak of 9–0. He holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Travis Kuualiialoha Browne
Honolulu, Oʻahu, Hawaii, United States
San Diego, California, United States
Travis, after his high school graduation, had attended Palomar College, a public community college in San Diego County.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Others – Ronald John ‘Ron’ Rousey (Father-in-Law) (d. August 1995), AnnMaria Rousey DeMars (née Waddell) (Mother-in-Law) (Technology Executive, Judoka, Author, First American to win a World Judo Championship (in 1984)), Julia DeMars (Half-Sister-in-Law), Maria Burns-Ortiz (Sister-in-Law) (Business Executive, Former Sports Journalist), Jennifer Rousey (Sister-in-Law) (Teacher), Dennis DeMars (Step-Father-in-Law) (Aerospace Engineer)
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
110 kg or 242.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Travis has dated –
- Erin Browne (2001–2009) – Travis had married a woman named Erin in 2001. They have 2 sons together named Keawe Browne and Kaleo Browne. The couple had parted ways in 2009.
- Jenna Renee Webb (2015–2016) – Travis had married fitness model Jenna Renee Webb in January 2015. She had leveled serious allegations of physical assault against him in July 2015 after which the couple had parted ways. Their divorce was eventually finalized on February 21, 2016.
- Ronda Rousey (2015-Present) – Travis had started dating professional wrestler, actress, author, former mixed martial artist, and judoka Ronda Rousey in 2015. They had announced their engagement in April 2017 after he had proposed to her under a waterfall in New Zealand. The couple got married on August 26, 2017, in Hawaii. In April 2021, they had announced on her official YouTube channel that Ronda was 4 months pregnant with their first child, a baby girl.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Native Hawaiian descent on his father’s side and European descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
- Has his right arm and upper right chest covered in tattoos
- Has tattoos on his left side
Travis Browne Facts
- Born and raised in Hawaii, Travis had moved to San Diego, California, with his mother when he was 10 years old. This was after his father, a gang member, had passed away.
- He was a skilled basketball player during his school days and had won the ‘Coastal North League Player of the Year’ award in 2000.
- Until the age of 26, when he was introduced to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he had never had any martial arts experience. Within a year of this though, he had started getting trained in boxing and had completed his first professional fight.
- At the 2013 World MMA Awards, he had won the ‘Breakthrough Fighter of the Year’ award as well as the ‘Comeback of the Year’ award.
Featured Image by Travis Browne / Instagram