|Ann Dowd Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1956|
Ann Dowd is an American actress who is known for her portrayal of Sandra in Compliance, Joan in Hereditry, Olivia in Garden State, Congresswoman Becket in The Manchurian Candidate, and as Aunt Lydia in The Handmaid’s Tale.
Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Ann studied at the Williston Northampton School. Later, she earned a pre-medical degree from the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Ann then attained her Master of Fine Arts from Goodman School of Drama at DePaul University in Chicago, where she received the Sarah Siddons Society scholarship.
On May 27, 2016, Ann was presented with a Doctor of Fine Arts degree from the College of the Holy Cross.
- Father -John Dowd
- Mother – Dolores Clark
- Siblings – Kathleen Dowd (Sister) (Casting Director), John Dowd Jr. (Brother) (President of The Dowd Agencies), Clare Dowd (Sister) (Executive Director of the Creative Action Institute), Elizabeth Dowd (Sister) (Developmental Therapist, Parenting Coach), Gregory Dowd (Brother) (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine), Deborah Dowd (Sister) (Psychotherapist)
- Others – Philip Dean (Step-Father) (Doctor), James Kip (Paternal Grandfather) (Former Major League baseball player for the Pittsburgh Pirates)
Ann is represented by Principal Entertainment.
Ann Dowd’s net worth was $4 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ann has dated –
- Lawrence Arancio (1984-Present) – Ann got married to writer and acting coach, Lawrence Arancio in 1984. The couple had met one another as students while she was studying in Chicago. She later revealed that even before saying hello to him, she knew that she would marry him. Together, the couple has 3 children named Liam, Emily, and Trust.
Race / Ethnicity
Ann has Irish ancestry.
- Roman nose
- Thin lips
Ann Dowd Favorite Things
- Thing To Do In Her Free Time – Redecoration
- Saying – I can, and I will
- Place on Earth – New Hampshire
Source – GQ, Us Magazine
Ann Dowd Facts
- Dowd was in high school when she lost her father and was then brought up alongside her 6 siblings by her mother single-handedly.
- Her sister Kathleen relocated to London in the past where she works as a casting director.
- Growing up, she was part of the Irish Catholic community.
- Ann was in school when she began appearing in school plays. However, her interest in acting was intrigued at a very early age but her family discouraged the idea.
- While studying at the College of the Holy Cross, she took acting lessons and has credited her roommates and instructors for encouraging her to pursue a career in acting.
- Ann was classmates with actress Elizabeth Perkins at DePaul University.
- She had worked as a waitress in the past.
- At 35, she had worked at a pet shop also. She was also pregnant with her first child at that time.
- At the beginning of her career, she had worked in Chicago’s regional theater for several years before moving to New York City in 1988, in pursuit of a better career in acting. At that time, she was a member of Next Theatre Company in Chicago.
- She is an advocate for foster care.
- Ann made his debut TV show appearance as Mrs. Elizabeth Thomas-Brewer in The Baby-Sitters Club in 1990. Later that year, she made her first theatrical film appearance as Peggy in Green Card.
- Her acting credits include supporting roles in several hit films including Green Card (1990), Lorenzo’s Oil (1992), Philadelphia (1993), Garden State (2004), The Manchurian Candidate (2004), Marley & Me (2008), Side Effects (2013), St. Vincent (2014), Captain Fantastic (2016), and Hereditary (2018).
- The first play she ever saw was The Sound of Music.
- She respects the families who adopt children and give them love and care.
- When she was in kindergarten, she once ran away.
- Ann loves cacti.
- She likes shopping in thrift shops.
- Ann cannot understand social media.
- She had once stolen her friend’s bike from her garage.
- She loves to decorate rooms and paint them.
- She doesn’t like roller coasters. They frighten her.
Featured Image By Ann Dowd / Twitter