|Aly Raisman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1994|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Aly Raisman is a retired American gymnast and two-time Olympian as well as a dancer and television personality who is known for serving as the captain of both the 2012 “Fierce Five” and 2016 “Final Five” U.S. women’s Olympic gymnastics teams which won their respective team competitions. After Shannon Miller, she is the second-most decorated Olympic gymnast in American history. Additionally, she has also showcased her dance skills by appearing as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars.
Alexandra Rose Raisman
Aly, Grandma (She is called so because of her love for power naps and being the oldest member of her gymnastics team)
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
She attended and graduated from Needham High School in 2012. For her senior year, she had to attend online classes as she was busy training for the Olympics.
Aly took gymnastic classes from Exxcel Gymnastics and Climbing and Brestyan’s American Gymnastics Club.
Retired Professional Gymnast, Dancer, TV Personality
- Father – Rick Raisman
- Mother – Lynn (née Faber) (Former High School Gymnast)
- Siblings – Brett Raisman (Younger Brother), Chloe Raisman (Younger Sister), Madison Raisman (Younger Sister)
- Others – Martin Raisman (Paternal Grandfather), Nancy Annis (Paternal Grandmother), Richard Leon Faber (Maternal Grandfather), Susan Magerer (Maternal Grandmother)
Emily Hejlik from Octagon
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aly Raisman has dated –
- Jamie McGill (2009-2012) – When she was at Needham High School, she dated her high school sweetheart Jamie McGill who used to play lacrosse for the school. They also went to the PROM night.
- Colton Underwood (2016-2017) – In 2016, American football tight end Colton Underwood and Aly Raisman started dating each other after he asked her on a date during live Q&A with Yahoo. They made their relationship public at the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year event in December 2016. However, the duo amicably split in August 2017 after dating for over 6 months.
Race / Ethnicity
Aly Raisman is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Thick eyebrows
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
She has promoted Leesa Sleep on her social media accounts.
Aly has been seen in TV commercials on “The More You Know”, “Kellogg’s Tour of Gymnastics” and others.
Raisman has endorsed Polo Ralph Lauren, Revision Skincare, Kellogg’s, GK Elite Sportswear, Got Milk? etc.
Best Known For
Being the most decorated American gymnast. She has won several Gold medals in gymnastics in Olympics.
First Gymnastic Match
She played her first match at American Classic in San Diego in April 2009 and scored 53.383 points to finish at 10th place.
She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Angel Recruit in the 2019 action comedy film, Charlie’s Angels, starring Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, Ella Balinska, Elizabeth Banks, Djimon Hounsou, Sam Claflin, and Noah Centineo.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was on Anderson Cooper 360° in an episode dated July 19, 2012.
Aly exercises 6 days a week and up to 7 hours a day. Aly starts with 15 minutes of treadmill running daily morning.
As a gymnast, her body balance is the key to success. But, she doesn’t do any weightlifting. Aly does punching on the floor, toe raises, rope climbs without using legs, etc.
She also does a 4-hour workout in the night where she focuses on building endurance and body conditioning.
During her off-days (when she is done with a gymnastics competition), she does boxing.
Her typical training day diet plan is like this –
- Breakfast – Hot water with lemon, 2 whole wheat toasts with jelly
- Lunch – Grilled chicken breast, brown rice, vegetables, and ketchup
- Dinner – Grilled salmon, whole wheat pasta (1 Cup), broccoli, carrots, parsnips, tea
- Snack – Greek yogurt with cereal and banana
She eats ketchup a lot and puts it on almost everything.
During exercise sessions, she drinks an ample amount of water, for which she doesn’t keep track. She just listens to her body, that’s it.
Aly Raisman Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Sushi, salmon
- Condiment – Ketchup
- Favorite Cardio – Outdoor running
- Beauty Product – Revision Black Face Mask
- Shoes – Reebok Skyscapes
- Gymnast – Lilia Podkopayeva
- Favorite Gymnastics Event – Floor
Aly Raisman Facts
- At 2, she started gymnastics.
- Her interest in gymnastics started when she watched “Magnificent Seven” (U.S. Women Gymnastics Team) won Gold Medal for the U.S. for the first time during the 1996 Summer Olympics.
- She considers retired gymnast Alicia Sacramone just like her older sister.
- In 2013, she participated in season 16 of Dancing With the Stars. She was partnered with choreographer Mark Ballas and finished in 4th place.
- She is the oldest in her family of 4 children.
- Aly puts 15 hair ties on her head due to lots of hair.
- In 2013, she was included in the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame.
- American football tight Colton Underwood asked Aly in 2016 if she would like to go on a double date with him and his teammate Andrew East and Shawn Johnson, to which she replied, “Yes.”
- She won three medals each at 2012 (2 Gold and 1 Bronze) and 2016 (1 Gold and 2 Silver) Summer Olympics.
- Along with gymnast teammate Gabby Douglas, they are the first Americans with consecutive team golds in the Summer Olympics.
- Her parents are known for making cringe-worthy expressions when Aly plays. Her parents’ memes can also be found on the Internet.
- She actually hates celery and grapefruit.
- She has 4 pet dogs – Magic, Coco, Gibson, and Mylo. In October 2020, Aly had adopted another dog named, Mylo (b. July 16, 2020).
- She admires French Canadian singer Celine Dion.
- Aly is a self-proclaimed bathroom and car singer.
- If she wasn’t a gymnast, she would have been a soccer player.
- She has shed her clothes for ESPN’s Body issue in 2015.
- She has modeled for Aeropostale too.
- She has launched her own line of socks in collaboration with FEAT.
- Aly was featured in the 2017 Swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated which was her debut as a solo artist in the magazine.
- Her memoir Fierce: How Competing for Myself Changed Everything was released in November 2017.
- In 2018, she appeared in the music video for the song Girls Like You by Maroon 5 (featuring Cardi B). The music video also included several other women including Camila Cabello, Phoebe Robinson, Sarah Silverman, Gal Gadot, Lilly Singh, Amani al-Khatahtbeh, Trace Lysette, Tiffany Haddish, Ashley Graham, Behati Prinsloo, Jennifer Lopez, Millie Bobby Brown, Ellen DeGeneres, Rita Ora, Chloe Kim, Franchesca Ramsey, and others.