|Trace Lysette Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|October 2, 1987
Trace Lysette is an American transgender woman who is mainly known for playing various roles such as Shea on the Amazon Video web series Transparent and Rachel in Coffee House Chronicles: The Movie. When she was a teenager, she used to work as a drag queen in bars in her hometown. She is popular on social media with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
She is represented by –
- Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC
- ICM Partners
- Keppler Speakers
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘light brown’, ‘auburn’, ‘black’, ‘blonde’ or ‘purple’.
Blue with a hint of green
She has done endorsement work for these brands through her Instagram account –
- Marc Jacobs
- Marco Marco Underwear
- ALDO shoes
- Customized Girl
Best Known For
- Playing various roles such as Shea on the Amazon Video web series Transparent (2014-Present) and as Rachel in Coffee House Chronicles: The Movie in 2016
- Being one of the first transgender people to play the role as a non-transgender person on prime time TV in a speaking role
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Lila on the crime drama mystery series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2013.
Lysette enjoys lifting weights every now and then. She once stated that she gets angry sometimes, so she tries to take out her anger by doing heavy weightlifting, which is also a healthy way to cope up with anger.
Trace Lysette Facts
- She used to work as a hairstylist and makeup artist before starting her career in acting.
- When she was a teenager, she was a track athlete and later worked as a drag queen in bars in her hometown.
- Lysette along with other transgender actors and actresses (with the help of GLAAD and ScreenCrush) became a part of a filmed letter to Hollywood which was written by Jen Richards, demanding for more and better roles for transgender people in 2017.
- She used to work in the s*x industry before she became an actress which included doing survival s*x work and also dancing in gentleman’s clubs so that she could pay for acting classes and give auditions during the time when she was struggling in New York City.
- Trace and Van Barnes accused American actor and comedian Jeffrey Tambor of s*xual harassment. After the accusation, Jeffrey decided to leave his role on Transparent.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Trace Lysette / Instagram